View Full Version : Where do you install your Programs??

caddyg
12-31-2003, 07:23 AM
just wondering that where do you folks install your apps? like for games and third party programs? on the Main Memory or the SD Cards? I have a 4150 and the 64 Mb is not too much space to play around with so I was thinking of re-installing apps on the 256 SD Card.

Vulcan
12-31-2003, 07:32 AM
I run everything off my 256 MB SD card except for the few apps that require that they be installed in the main memory.

Ripper014
12-31-2003, 09:45 AM
I do the same.. I try to put everything on the storage card other than the apps I want on my main unit such as...

Wisbar
GSPlayer
PocketMVP

I got into the habit when I had my Casio E-125... I left the apps on the main unit that I needed if I was going to remove my CF card to use the microdrive for music or movies. I also leave utilities that I might use on the main unit for the same reason.

Now with file store I leave any important files there... with my HP2210 it just is not big enough to put a back-up in there so it resides on the storage card. I figure if the card fails I still have the data on the main unit. If the main unit fails I still have the back-up on the storage card, if both fail its going to be a bad day and it wouldn't matter what I would have done.

Jeff Song
12-31-2003, 07:10 PM
I put most programs on storage cards as well, except for the ones that need to be in main memory or the important ones (ie ewallet).

I put an updated backup of my PIM stuff in the filestore so if my card and my PPC both crash, then at least I can recover my appointments and contacts.

rustyfancy
12-31-2003, 07:10 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the Pocket PC atmosphere. I recently purchased a Dell Axim x3i, as well as an additional 256 MB SD card. I was wondering how you save files to the SD card?? Also, how do you check the memory status of the SD card?? Any information you can give me will be most helpful.

---Matt

Candygogo
12-31-2003, 07:32 PM
Like many here, I place as much as I can on storage cards. The only files I have in main memory are the ones that I have no choice but to place there (like the ones that sync with the computer.) Programs like Avantgo and Vindigo make it impossible to place them and the data files on storage cards- unless there are painless workarounds I don't know about! :wink: