View Full Version : Palm Vx to IPAQ 2200 series please help

dang
12-31-2003, 12:39 AM
Hello

I have just upgraded my old palm for a new IPAQ.

Initially I need some advice on how to get my telephone contacts off the palm and on to the IPAQ.

I have also bought the same IPAQ for my wife, is it going to be possible to run two PDAs from one desktop computer?
(we are still running on windows 98, with office 2000)

Will we be able to run 2 diaries separately?

Will we also be able to synchronise our two diaries, so that we know each others plans?

Lastly, is it essential to get a program manager, and if so which one is best?

Many thanks

DanG

fit4life
01-01-2004, 04:57 PM
OK to get the contacts off of your palm try this... Get a piece of software like Pocket Mirror, there should be a lite version on the disk that came with the palm.

Then sync your palm with outlook. After that you can get rid of the pocket mirror software. Then sync you new iPAQ and viola... your contacts should be there.

You can both sync on the same computer, but with Win98 it will be some amount of work.

In Outlook you will need to create 2 separate profiles and switch them before you sync to make sure her data is on her device and your data on your device.. Make sure you change the default names on the two iPAQs also so there is no confusion on the PC.

Clear as Mud!!!

hope that helps

Thinkingmandavid
01-04-2004, 01:34 AM
As a back up measure, if you are using yahoo as email, there is an option to sync what is in outlook to yahoo.
I know you are not there yet, but when you do get there it is a good back up of your outlook info.
It is offered free by Intellisync, and it will sync to yahoo what is in your outlook. You can pick and choose what you want to sync such as addresses, appointments, etc.
I back up/sync with my yahoo at least once a week with intellisync.