View Full Version : It FINALLY Arrived...BUT I Need Help.

Paula
12-31-2003, 12:06 AM
Hi,
I am changing this post, as the first post was really a false alram. First time PPC owners jitters. 8O I just took the battery out and placed it back in and now all is ok. I jumped the gun ...sorry. :(

Now that you have all forgiven me :D I do have a legit question.
Are there any special setting I should do as I set up the device? Do I need a hack program to make the settings changes?

Paula :)
I should have a drink to calm my nerves.

Pat Logsdon
12-31-2003, 12:09 AM
What model did you get? On the 19xx series, the power button should flash amber when it's charging, solid amber when it's fully charged (if I remember correctly).

Paula
12-31-2003, 12:23 AM
Hi,
I have a 2215. I have been waiting for this thing to arrive since October. This is the second device they sent me.

Any way I have changed my original message as I had jumped the gun and reinstalled my battery and now the unit is happily charging away.

But please read my revised post and maybe you can help me.

Cheers
Paula :)

Ripper014
12-31-2003, 02:44 AM
The unit is pretty user friendly... all you need is some programs and your on your way...

Besides Activesync... you will need to load in Outlook... NOT Outlook Express...

Activesync uses Outlook's databases to sync with... you should be able to find it on the disk... if not let me know... I can take a look at my disk and walk you through it if need be.

Paula
12-31-2003, 05:27 AM
Ripper you are a wonderful Human being :D

I will not be syncing appointments or contact information yet. I am borrowing a laptop because mine was stolen. So, until I get a new PC I will not be syncing anything. I have set up Activesync as a guest.

I will need some help doing a backup using the provided backup until I get the hang of download things from activesync to the 2215. OR Until I find a new backup utility and learn how to install it properly.

I love this little thing. I have had it in my hands now for 3 hours and I want to marry it. LOLOL
Now I just need to get over the newbie stupidity syndrome. :D

Paula

Ripper014
12-31-2003, 05:53 AM
Here is a thread that will get you started on software. Most of this stuff is freeware. Some things may not apply to you since you are in New Zealand... but it is all worth a look for a newbie....

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93740&highlight=freeware

Janak Parekh
12-31-2003, 06:13 AM
Congrats Paula. One minor suggestion: take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy playing with the device. Don't worry about messing things up the first time... a hard reset isn't a bad thing early on. :)

--janak