View Full Version : Mac Coverage on Digital Media Thoughts

XmanHP548
12-30-2003, 02:47 PM
Watching you guys praise Windows Movie Maker and Photo Story is more than amusing to me . The Mac's iMovie still more than surpasses what both those programs can do (not to mention what it can do with iPhoto, iDVD, and iTunes thrown in ) and is still easier to use. :twisted:
I will conceed though that the latest version Movie Maker and the development of Photo Story show that MS is improving in the digital photo/video area.
I can't comment on Muvee since I have not used it, but Jason's comment about it taking digital pictures and rendering them as video clips reminded me that a weakness of iMovie is that it does the same thing (at least it sure looks like to me that it does).

A few parting thoughts:
- Jason that Digital Rebel is incredible! My uncle got one back in October and the shots you guys are taking make my G2 seem pathetic! The Rebel looks like a great, great camera.
- Hey when Digitalmediathoughts comes on-line can you throw us Mac users a bone every once in awhile? I know the site will mainly be MS oriented, but a little Mac article every now and then would be nice!

Happy New Year Y'all.

Jason Dunn
12-30-2003, 04:57 PM
[Posts split from my Mexico thread]

Hey when Digitalmediathoughts comes on-line can you throw us Mac users a bone every once in awhile? I know the site will mainly be MS oriented, but a little Mac article every now and then would be nice!

Actually, it's not going to be MS oriented specifically. It will be mostly Windows-based when it comes to software and hardware, because that's what I know, but believe it or not one of our contributing editors will be covering the Mac beat. I want to focus on digital media, not on which platform is better - but seeing your comment makes me wonder if that will be possible:

"Watching you guys praise Windows Movie Maker and Photo Story is more than amusing to me . The Mac's iMovie still more than surpasses what both those programs can do (not to mention what it can do with iPhoto, iDVD, and iTunes thrown in ) and is still easier to use."

Why does praise for one platform automatically trigger a sneer from users of another platform? Why can't you let people be excited about the tools they have on their platform instead of bragging about tools on your platform that we can't use?

Yes, I see the parallels here between what I'm saying and the Pocket PC vs. Palm debate, but Digital Media Thoughts will have a bias towards digital media, not a particular brand of camera or piece of software (though we'll all have our favourites of course).

We'll cover the Mac and Linux platforms as best we can, but if it draws out zealots and platform warriors who can't respect others, we'll be Windows-only faster than you can say "Control+Alt+Delete". :lol: