View Full Version : Screen Taps

pocketpcwiz
12-29-2003, 04:50 AM
Is it normal for some parts of the screen needing to be tapped harder than other parts of the screen for it to tap. The middle areas of my pda work without hardly tapping but towards the left side you have to press a little harder to get a tap, but it still works. Is this normal for some areas needing to be tapped harder than other areas?
Thanks!
P.S. I have the Toshiba E355

Janak Parekh
12-29-2003, 04:52 AM
In general, the screen should be nearly equivalent in sensitivity. Is it brand new? If so, it might need to be "broken in" a little -- although, actually, I haven't heard of this being a common happenstance. Instead, it might be a hardware defect that you want a replacement for.

--janak

pocketpcwiz
12-29-2003, 03:58 PM
The PDA is new, but you do not have to press really hard, just harder than the middle part of the screen. It still works though. Is my PDA okay?
Thanks!

allenalb
01-26-2004, 06:55 PM
i never noticed having this problem with my ipaq 3975, but i do have it with my 5555 (and a host of other problems)...

Brad Adrian
01-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Is my PDA okay?
It's not supposed to exhibit a marked difference between zones like that. If it persists and/or bothers you, I'd plan to exchange it.