View Full Version : Know of a free "Moon Lander" clone?

David Prahl
12-29-2003, 04:35 AM
Does anyone know of a free "Moon Lander" type game? If you're not sure what I mean, check out the 10-level flash version below:
http://www.cubetheory.com/moonMiner/gravity34.swf

Steven Cedrone
12-29-2003, 05:14 AM
I loved that game!!! I'd be interested in one as well...

Steve

JackTheTripper
12-29-2003, 06:56 PM
OK, what am I doing wrong? THe damn thing explodes at the top of the screen just after it's "launched."

This game SUX!!!!!!!!

Kati Compton
12-29-2003, 07:03 PM
OK, what am I doing wrong? THe damn thing explodes at the top of the screen just after it's "launched."

This game SUX!!!!!!!!

Are you hitting the up arrow and pushing it into the mothership?

Janak Parekh
12-29-2003, 07:08 PM
I have the exact same problem. The game is unresponsive to any controls. This is both in Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

And I have played quite a few Lunar Lander-esque games in my time... unless I'm missing something obvious, I'd say it's a bug that exhibits itself on some computers? :| I did go ahead and read the instructions too.

--janak

Pat Logsdon
12-29-2003, 07:09 PM
I have the same problem. Every key I hit elicits no response, and the lander blows up in the same spot without fail. Nice explosion animation, but not really worth seeing more than once... :evil:

Kati Compton
12-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Hmm. I had the problem where it would just fall and not respond to any keypresses, but I had an IM window open... When I clicked again on the screen in the play area, it started to read my keypresses again. Don't know why it read the click for "play game" but still didn't have focus.

JackTheTripper
12-29-2003, 07:32 PM
OK, the game doesn't suck. I do for not trying NutScrape before complaining. But it doesn't seem to work for me in Internet Exploder 6 on win 2000.

Steven Cedrone
12-29-2003, 07:44 PM
On my machine at home it plays fine. Here at work, using two different machines and networks, the lander blows up as soon as it leaves the mother ship...

Oh well, I quess I should try to get some work done... :wink:

Steve

Steven Cedrone
12-29-2003, 07:50 PM
Does anyone know of a free "Moon Lander" type game?

Not free, but I may have to buy it... :wink:

Moon Shot! for Pocket PC (http://www.l3solutions.com/L3Prod_L3LLPPC.htm)

Steve

Janak Parekh
12-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Hmm. I had the problem where it would just fall and not respond to any keypresses, but I had an IM window open... When I clicked again on the screen in the play area, it started to read my keypresses again. Don't know why it read the click for "play game" but still didn't have focus.
I tried clicking on the screen several times for focus. Oh well. ;)

--janak

Kati Compton
12-29-2003, 08:24 PM
My husband was having the "blow up right away" problem, resized the window bigger, and it worked properly after that. Odd. Must be some glitch in the flash... Has anyone that was having problems tried downloading the .swf and playing it locally?

Janak Parekh
12-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Bingo, that fixed it. I didn't care enough to download the .SWF, but I was thinking of that too. ;)

--janak

aroma
12-29-2003, 08:35 PM
Yep! Worked for me too. I just maximized my IE window (normally it's running full screen size, but technically not maximized) and that fixed the blow up problem!

Don't Panic!
12-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Another lunar lander clone a little cheaper than Moon Shot is Moonlander (http://www.brask.net/moonlander.html). MoonShot is closer to the arcade version from the 80's though.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

David Prahl
12-29-2003, 11:29 PM
Geez, it took you guys two pages to figure that out? :idontthinkso:

I played a few games at 800x600 in IE, and when I full screened the game the ship blew up.

If you "challenge" someone, the link it gives them offers the game in a smaller window.

David Prahl
12-30-2003, 02:26 AM
There was another clone that won a PPC Mag award this year - pretty good game, but I can't believe it lost to Anthelion!

I forgot to clarify - I'm looking for a PC VERSION.

tanalasta
12-30-2003, 04:04 AM
hey, don't forget that classic game for IPAQ's Rocketelite gold :) And i'm fairly sure there's a PC version out there too! :)

Kati Compton
12-30-2003, 04:19 AM
There was another clone that won a PPC Mag award this year - pretty good game, but I can't believe it lost to Anthelion!

I forgot to clarify - I'm looking for a PC VERSION.

Is it that you're sick of this particular implementation? Because if you just wanted to play it on the PC you can, of course, download the .swf and play it while not networked....

David Prahl
12-30-2003, 04:22 AM
I really like the flash version, but it's only 10 levels. :cry:

I really like RocketElite on my PPC, but it doesn't have the same feel as the original "moon lander" did. The PC and PPC versions are identical - amazing!