View Full Version : 2210 problems

Reefah
12-29-2003, 03:51 AM
Hey, i picked up a 2210 little before chirstmas. Everything was working fine until few days ago, when the touch pad with the pen didnt seemed aligned at all. I finally figured out how to get into the align screen and realigned it, but few minutes later it would be unaligned again. Anyone have this problem before? or know how i could fix it. Thx very much.

And does anyone know a good site with a FAQ about pocketpcs etc

Len Egan
12-29-2003, 04:05 AM
I've never heard of this type of problem. There are great forums available at www.brighthand.com and ipaqhq.com. I would try these before you contact HP. They have their Tech support over in India and most of the time their solution is to send in your iPAQ. Unforunately, I would use it as a last resort.

Janak Parekh
12-29-2003, 04:18 AM
I've never heard of this type of problem. There are great forums available at www.brighthand.com and ipaqhq.com. I would try these before you contact HP.
He can also try us. ;)

Reefah, are you running any third-party programs? It sounds like a hardware problem, but before concluding that, one might want to try, as a last-resort, a hard reset. If a completely pristine iPAQ is showing these symptoms, a call to HP may be your only choice -- so that you can get a warranty replacement. lj62061, I understand that's not a happy choice per se, but if it's a hardware problem, that's all one can do...

--janak

Reefah
12-29-2003, 04:23 AM
thx for the replys. Only things that i have put on the system is freecell and a few diff themes. I went back to default theme to see if that was the problem, but still getting same alignment problem.

Im a noob with these, so how do i hard reset?

Len Egan
12-29-2003, 04:29 AM
To perform a hard reset you press the two outside PIM buttons (calendar and iTASK) while pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the iPAQ with your stylus. If you haven't loaded much, this is a good place to start. Performing a hard reset will "reset" the device to its state when you took it out of the box. Give it a whirl!

You could also take the battery out for a while. I believe that this will also force a hard reset.

Reefah
12-29-2003, 04:50 AM
cant get it to hard reset. tired many times

Janak Parekh
12-29-2003, 04:52 AM
The trick is you have to hold the reset down for a little while until the screen starts "degrading"...

--janak

Len Egan
12-29-2003, 05:49 AM
I believe that you have to hold the reset button down 5-6 seconds.