View Full Version : Seeking HarryWriter's fanfic of 5th book, "HP and the Phoenix Order," and the 7th book (title unknown).

Sydney Bristow
12-29-2003, 02:55 AM
Hello~!
I'm currently seeking HarryWriter's fanfics of Harry Potter 5th (HP and the Phoenix Order) and 7th (Title Unknown) after falling instantly in love with his/her style and plot upon reading his version of the 6th book, "Harry Potter and the Ring of the Ancients." Any help on this would be greatly appreciated (preferrably .doc, .txt, or .pdb, NOT PDF)~ Thank you!

Ommadawn
01-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Sorry I can't help you with your search, but can you tell me more about these fanfics? I normally steer away from fanfic in general (though I've read some that should be published), but this sounds interesting, especially if it's well written.

Craig

ctmagnus
01-13-2004, 06:31 AM
Apparently the seventh book (at least the fan fiction version) will be entitled "Harry Potter And The Time That Should Not Be". Look here (http://www.auntmonasgifts.com/cgi-bin/s/smartsearch.cgi?keywords=book+harry+info+potter+sixth) for info.

Ommadawn
01-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Hmmm, I checked out the link, and it doesn't gicve any fanfiction at all. I followed the links and ended up on a blank page. I then tried search engines, which found hpfanficiton.net, but that apears to have disappeared as well.

Where else might I be able to get hold of this fan fiction?

Craig.

asfbhero
01-15-2004, 09:18 PM
books 5 and 6 can be found at fanfiction.net the seventhbook will be released on hpfanfiction.net if it evercomes back online :? ( i read somewhere that they were just updating the format of the page).

ymsandweiss
01-23-2004, 04:37 AM
Where did you read this and how long will it take for their (hpfanfiction.net) website to be running again?

targetdrone
01-25-2004, 09:55 AM
have you tried Harry Potter Fanfiction (http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com)? I just discovered that site after a brief search.

ymsandweiss
01-27-2004, 12:28 AM
Where is HPFANFICTION.NET?

LordAzeroth
01-27-2004, 06:01 PM
If it is any help to any of you i found books 5 and six on a p2p software called Kazaa. I think its worth a try to find it on there. I Found these two days ago and found the books hard to stop reading. :twisted:

asfbhero
01-27-2004, 09:25 PM
I saw it on the "webmasterforums" but, i don't know if the information is accurate. I have read both Harrywriters 5th and 6th books and am eagerly awaithing the 7th. When I last saw the site be4 it went offline the 7th book was 67% completed. If anyone has anyinformation on when hpfanfiction.net (harrywriters site) will be back online please let me know.

drop
01-29-2004, 09:42 PM
I try, very hard, not to read fanfics. So my only option is re-reading Book 1 thru Book5, than repeat.

June is but 5 months away. Thank goodness :wink: .

Have you seen these awesome fan arts by Marta (http://www.artdungeon.net/)? Some art works were based on fanfics.

Kati Compton
01-29-2004, 09:58 PM
If it is any help to any of you i found books 5 and six on a p2p software called Kazaa. I think its worth a try to find it on there. I Found these two days ago and found the books hard to stop reading. :twisted:
We really don't want to encourage piracy here.

The Management.

Kati Compton
01-29-2004, 10:00 PM
June is but 5 months away. Thank goodness :wink: .
Yeah... I'm torn. I really feel that the (real) books have gotten progressively worse the past few volumes. That last one... <shudder>.

I mean, I know *I* was a whiny teenager, but that doesn't mean I want to read about other teenagers being whiny. ;)

drop
01-29-2004, 10:15 PM
I mean, I know *I* was a whiny teenager, but that doesn't mean I want to read about other teenagers being whiny. ;)

I know what you mean. But I do like The 5th book. Yup, full of anger and gripe. But the depiction of 15-year-old was very real. I thought *I* was taking the damn GCSE again!

By the way, just want to make sure, the "real" Harry Potter series is not available in any ebook format, is it? I looked and looked often. I would love to have them in my PPC at all time. I like to beat young kids in answering Harry Potter trivia questions :lol:

Steven Cedrone
01-29-2004, 10:17 PM

The Management.

The fan fiction stuff is "open to the public" isn't it? I thought that these works were released immidiately into the public domain?

Steve

Jorgen
01-30-2004, 08:44 AM
>The fan fiction stuff is "open to the public" isn't it?

Don't bank on it - I read somewhere that the authours lawyer at one time threatened to hit not only the illegally scanned books but also the fan-fic books.

Jorgen

Jorgen
01-30-2004, 11:00 AM
After my above message, I re-checked and found that Rowling apparently had nothing against the fan-fic stuff: http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20030618/098248.shtml

This page discuss the legality in general: http://www.chillingeffects.org/fanfic/

UPDATE: as does this one http://www.schrag.info/tushnet/law/fanficarticle.html

Jorgen

Kati Compton
01-30-2004, 09:13 PM

The Management.

The fan fiction stuff is "open to the public" isn't it? I thought that these works were released immidiately into the public domain?

I thought that poster was referring to the original books. If not, my mistake.

ymsandweiss
02-11-2004, 02:33 AM
Now that we got over all of the moderator's legal interjections Can we get back to the point please.
If anybody know any updated information about Harrwriter's FanFic Book 7, PLEASE let us know. The last time Harrywriter's website (hpfanfiction.net) was up and running Book 7 was 69% completed.

Thank You!

Ommadawn
02-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Sorry, can't help you there. Can you point me to a url for the 6th book fanfic?

Craig.

someone
03-21-2004, 04:08 AM
I found out that hpfanfiction is gone. I talked to MrChuckles in another site, http://www.hpana.com. He said that HarryWriter quited and the site went down. Sorry guys!

Gary Walker
04-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Ok you seem to have got most of the answers from other users, however one point has not been mentioned.
The books original title was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, it was renamed to the Phoenix Order by the person who first put out the PDF versions on file share so as not to confuse people or waste their time.
therefore if u want it in anything other than pdf look under that title.
I am still looking for the new site with the 3nd book as well.
If I find it I will create a pdf for file share, as I did with the first two.

Opps shouldn't have said that.

Bad Gary

BTW I no longer use Kazza, my HP pdf's are on E-mule and Shareaza

Shraga18
04-28-2004, 10:04 PM
Couple of years back I read a GREAT HP5 fanfic which beat the real one hands down. It also had a major character die, and when it happened I was actually crying. When ------edited out-------in "Phoenix", I was like "huh?". It was written so flat I had a hard time feeling anything. I'd love to reread that fanfic, but I've no idea where to go looking for it! For those of you who are fanfic fans: there was this thing about playing-cards with pictures that move. Can anyone help me find it?

TIA

xendula
04-28-2004, 10:38 PM
WHAAAAAAAT ?!?!?! 8O
---edited, too ---- Maaaan, I am just reading that book, I wish I had never read your post :cry:

Shraga18
04-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Xendula, I an SOO sorry!!!! I just wasnt thinking, having read it so long ago! I really apologise :cry: . I've edited the info out of my post, and suggest you do the same. Let's not spoil it for any others!

tanalasta
05-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Hmm... spoilers :p That's not nice... Lucky i've got the book :)
Bit off topic, but does anyone have any hint as to when / what the next book will be about?

xendula
05-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Xendula, I an SOO sorry!!!! I just wasnt thinking, having read it so long ago! I really apologise :cry: . I've edited the info out of my post, and suggest you do the same. Let's not spoil it for any others!
Edited my post, also. Good thought.

xendula
05-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Bit off topic, but does anyone have any hint as to when / what the next book will be about?
I was wondering about the same thing, especially WHEN. Have not found any info yet.

Paula
05-02-2004, 06:58 AM
WHAAAAAAAT ?!?!?! 8O
---edited, too ---- Maaaan, I am just reading that book, I wish I had never read your post :cry:

Xendula,
Where can I find this wonderful fanfic???

Paula

mjali23
05-08-2004, 03:57 AM
WAIT WHAT DID SOMEONE MEAN BY,"He said that HarryWriter quited." ARE YOU SERIOUS????!!!!!!!! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENES IN THE END!!!!!!! I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!! IF YOU DID TALK TO MrChuckles AND STILL CAN, ASK HIM IF HARRYWRITER WILL FINISH HIS LAST BOOK!!!! I THINK HISVERSION OF THE 5TH BOOK WAS THE BETTER THAN JKR!!!! iF YOU CAN FIND OUT IF HE WILL FINISH HIS BOOK CAUSE HE WAS LIKE 67% DONE. PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN FIND THAT OUT, FIND IT OUT!!!!!! i think i screamed enough....my throat hurts...i need water. but please find out if HarryWriter will finish his last book.... :!:

myredmirage95
05-11-2004, 09:25 PM
I've been trying forever to find harrywriter's last book but to no avail. I do, however, have his 5th and 6th fan fic books on MS word for whoever wants them. (Just leave me a PM with your email address). I also know of a better series of fan fics than harrywriter's if you can fathom that. They are written by this woman named "Barb" and are UNBELIEVABLY good! Go to this site and you'll see links to her 5th, 6th and 7th books. ENJOY! http://www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/Barb/

drop
05-13-2004, 09:09 PM
This is kind of OT. Have you seen the 10 mintues preview/commentary of the upcoming movie?

Go to MuggleNet.com (http://www.mugglenet.com/). And scroll down to "ABC preview footage online". Have fun.

Ashlocke
05-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Hey everyone, if anyone is still interested in HarryWriter's books, I have them in pdf format. My email adress is lord_omega_weapon AT yahoo DOT com*, Write me if you are interested....

Ashlocke

*Email address modified by mod SJC

dMores
05-24-2004, 01:11 PM
ok, now i am thoroughly confused.

i borrowed a friend's harry potter and the order of phoenix.
since it was german, i thought, why not try and find the ebook so i can read it in english. i like to get things fresh, and not regurgitated and interpreted by a translator.
so because i can't buy it online anywhere, i had to resort to p2p.
after all, i had the book in german, so i thought that would be "ok".
(i know, legally incorrect, but conscience-wise soothing)

anyway, i enjoyed hp5, and then i started discussing it with my friend.
turns out he has not read the stuff i read. a quick check revealed that i had read something completely different.
draco going after his dad, becoming friends with harry, hermione and harry doing "it", "someone" is supposed to be dying in the german version but are alive and kicking in my ebook, etc. etc.

so, what the heck did i just read? i mean, it was good, but the thought of not having read the original gives me a sort of unsatisfied feeling.
plus, i'll be completely confused when the new book6 will be released, since nothing will fit my previous story.

Steven Cedrone
05-24-2004, 01:24 PM
so, what the heck did i just read? i mean, it was good, but the thought of not having read the original gives me a sort of unsatisfied feeling.
plus, i'll be completely confused when the new book6 will be released, since nothing will fit my previous story.

Fanfiction vs. JKR... You probably read something that another fan wrote, not JKR...

Steve

dMores
05-24-2004, 01:32 PM
well i guessed so.
but can't they write something like "warning, this is not the original book"?

i thought fanfiction was shorter. the author of a massive 800-page book should be proud of his work and not publish the book under j.k. rowling's name, or not?

i thought maybe someone'd know what version exactly i was reading.

anyway, i've started with the german, but original hp5 :)

drop
05-24-2004, 02:37 PM
:rotfl:

I could see the scene. "Hey, Draco really turned around, uh?" "WHAT? That little prick... "

Isn't there even a style difference? If this fanfic would fool a fan, may be I should take a look.

Ommadawn
05-25-2004, 05:04 AM
That wouldn't have been HP and the Psychic Serpent, would it? I'm just starting to read it now (and have the sequel/book 6 ready too :) )

Looks good so far!

dMores
05-25-2004, 09:29 AM
yeah that's it.
harry lifting weights, "being aware of his body" ...
:)
good read. but completely different to the original, i come to realize.

Ommadawn
05-26-2004, 04:33 AM
True, the real book 5 and psychic serpent are very different (about 10% into the book now). JKR seems to have dodged around the fact the main characters are now a bunch of hormone-ridden teenagers (ah memories, says the old man wistfully :mrgreen: )

I've got to admit, HPOTP was my least favourite book in the series, and this fanfic is turning out to be a pleasant surprise/alternative.

MrChuckles
06-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Sorry for the bump...but I was Googling "HarryWriter" to see if there are any traces of HPFanFiction.Net left around there.

I was the infamous MrChuckles of HPFanFiction. Along with some of the former staffers (Snooper_1989 and LordsOfPlague mostly), we've piloted a new site. But I'm not here to plug that.

Between the end of summer and Christmas-time, the site was in a decline. HarryWriter and his friends (the original staffers) showed their faces less and less. Around mid-late November, things started messing up. Through a series of frantic phone calls to HW, he turned the reigns over to me. I tried to revive the sinking site. I attempted a merger with SeekerSpirit.Com. Neither plans seemed to work. Our host cut us off for some reason (which I still do not understand to this day) and we let it die. The site officiallly (as in the account expired) shut down as of June 1st, 6 days ago. I do have copies (I believe) of books 5 and 6 (or I could get them easily). Book 7 will not ever be completed. I hope this sheds some light on your problems.

kronosmx
06-10-2004, 03:58 PM
does anybody could send me this books?.....i´m jus discovering the fanfic, Dmore send me a great book (thanks) and i´m get an adicct to this books

Regards

LordsoOPlague
06-16-2004, 02:01 AM
hey MrChuckles, it's LordsOfPlague, I just made a typo in my username. anyway, I googled HarryWriter too and I nearly exploded when I saw your post at this site. I miss HPFF, but Forome is getting better and better.

Gary Walker
06-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Ok as I said before I was the one who changed the first stories title for fileshare. I still have copies of the story and my other favs. Email me if you want copies.

[email protected]

Gary

Gary Walker
06-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks MrChuckles, it wasn't the answer I was hoping for but at least I can stop my search.

Gary

AllKnowingWaffle
06-20-2004, 04:51 AM
I, too, was a member of the staff on HW's site. I, however, was able to get HarryWriter to tell me how his story ended, because I got enough Potter Points a long time ago. If anyone is interested, I could reveal the secrets I have kept hidden for a year...

Ommadawn
06-21-2004, 03:37 AM
I, too, was a member of the staff on HW's site. I, however, was able to get HarryWriter to tell me how his story ended, because I got enough Potter Points a long time ago. If anyone is interested, I could reveal the secrets I have kept hidden for a year...

Please?

drop
06-22-2004, 06:36 PM
This is not about the book, "e" or otherwise.

This is a parody of the movie. Warning: Strong language and adult humor ahead.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Fifteen Minutes (http://www.livejournal.com/community/m15m/2237.html?thread=39101)

:lol:

belenger
11-28-2004, 06:05 AM
ok, now i am thoroughly confused.

i borrowed a friend's harry potter and the order of phoenix...

...anyway, i enjoyed hp5, and then i started discussing it with my friend.
turns out he has not read the stuff i read. a quick check revealed that i had read something completely different.
draco going after his dad, becoming friends with harry, hermione and harry doing "it", "someone" is supposed to be dying in the german version but are alive and kicking in my ebook, etc. etc...

Well, dMore, for what you've said, i can see taht you did the same as me, just that i read a fanfic where harry, ron and hermione become annimagus, the they go to azkaban to "rescue" somebody, there are exchange students from durmstrang, and stuff like that. (thesame line as the supposed "the time that should not be" )

Judging the details you said, I supose yuou read "The psychic serpent"(congratulations!), let me tell you that there are the last 2 books aviable, and those are the best books I ever read (and that is much to say), so I highly recomend you and anybody reading this, to forget about the OotP, half blood princes and rowling itself for a moment and read those fanfics, they worth it.

http://home.arcor.de/mark.halpaap/

just download the 3 first links

ok, I know they are quite long. But they are not best sellers any more, they are kind of PG-13*R novels, (thankfully, they aren't slashes), and that makes a different way to see, to say and feel things, specially if you have some emphaty with the characters.... (that I hope you do)

so if there are any problems please contact me at [email protected]

P.D. If anybody knows something about "The time that shouls not be" (in the case that is the final name of the book) please let me know

belenger
11-28-2004, 06:37 AM

Well, as you can imagine for my previous post, I didn't like OotP at all, and one of my consolation prices was the final book of harry bloody writer, and now, he's gone... blimey!... well... I think that just to not braek my mind, I'll ask (beg) you, to tell me (us) all you know... post it here, on an external link... as you wish... and if you see HW, please tell him that I hate him 0X ... ahhaahahha... tankyou anyway.

dMores
11-28-2004, 11:00 AM
belenger ... thanks, i already knew that ;)

i read all three books by barb (the author of "...the psychic serpent"), and i must agree that they were excellent. i am not sure, however, if i like the way barb ended the HP saga. it kind of left me depressed :)

but i left HP behind me a long time ago, i started reading crime and thrillers, and it's more exciting than reading fantasy. actually i just read HP because everyone reads it, and i had to fill that "educational gap" :)

belenger
11-29-2004, 10:36 AM
belenger ... thanks, i already knew that ;)

Well, yes, i know you already knew that, because i just rushed answering with out reading all the forum before, so when i realized that somebody had already told you about Barb L. Purdom books, it was too late. Any way... Instead of you, i think that i live too much reality.. (physic engineer, no comments please :? ), so some times I like (love) to "leave this world" and put my mind in some "imaginary problems"... well, actually, it gets me more than just "imaginary feelings", for example, i cryed with "Time of good intentions" (now I'll gotta kill ya :evil: ... hahahaha), when harry cast EXPELLIARMUS!! in the cave :( , when he recives the leter from snape :bawl:, and of course, at the end of the book... so for me, fantasy books and mind games books (like Agatha christie) are the best thing you can read, not just because "everbody does", but 'coz YOU should like them, and in my case, I just love them...

And yes, really hated what happened to harry at the end, but there was something that reconfortedme... he was happy, the only thing he really wanted was.... you-know-who... the D of war... so just as the rest of the characters (despite the dead ones :( ), everythig was "perfect" (may be not for Ruth and Mariah, but I´m sure they´ll be ok :wink: )... and if you know anything about another book, please let me know...

Gretings!!

white_fang
04-17-2005, 06:10 AM
I worked with HW on hpfanfiction.net a few months before it circled the drain of death. Some of you who visited the forums should remember this screen name. When HW left, Orion fortunately made copies of books 5 and 6. Some of the staff members created a site after HPFF was gone, called FoRome. Even though the domain doesn't work right now, I should be getting FoRome.net and FoRome.org available soon, hopefully before the end of the month. Right now, both books 5 and 6 are available on my site. the URL is listed below.

http://box8.illusionfxnet.com/~forome/hwseries

If you would like copies of it in RTF or DOC, e-mail me at the given address.
If anyone has any information on book 7, please let me know. Thanks

~John S.
Otherwise known as White_Fang

Ommadawn
04-18-2005, 02:19 AM
From what I've heard, book 7 never came to be. I wasn't a part of the HP fanfic scene at all until fairly recently, though, so I don't know any more than that :(

white_fang
04-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Book 7 was in progress, but didn't get any farther than a draft on HW's laptop. I might be able to have a friend of mine contact HW to see if I could grab even the rough draft of what was going to be book 7.

All I can say as of now is that i'll try my best.

Ommadawn
04-18-2005, 03:22 AM
That's great news. Even a draft would be better than the nothing we have now. Good luck!

Ebookslist
05-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Harry Potter will not be casting any new spells
for two years, but there is still plenty of magic left for publisher
Scholastic Corp.

white_fang
06-19-2005, 02:03 AM
Sorry to say, but HW formatted his hard drive long ago... so all that remains is what I have and what's randomly circulating the internet. You can reach my web site at www.forome.net

Thanks and sorry,
White_Fang

Ommadawn
06-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Ah well... :(