View Full Version : e805 accessories?

nosmohtac
12-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Has anyone found any cool accessories for the e800 series? I think my first purchase will have to be a nice case. I love the feel of this thing, but without any plastic or rubber grips on the side, I find it gets rather slippery from my sweaty hands.

I know that there are a few good IR keyboards out there that work fine for the e800, but are there any device specific keyboards for this model?

I will have to buy the expansion pack, or the USB cable (I'm thinking about the expansion pack. I used a voyager VGA CF card with my iPAQ, but will probably sell with the iPAQ).

I am also looking for a sync-n-charge type cable, for charging in the car. I would assume that the pinout is the same as the e7xx series, but can anyone verify that it is the same? If it is, I'll just buy the cable for the e740 at Best Buy.

With USB host capability, That's probably the only device specific things I'll need. I was just wondering if there are any other cool accessories out there for it.

I'm also quite suprised at the lack of posts on this forum for anything to do with the e800. Brighthand has a very busy forum on this device. I don't have anything against BH, but this is home to me.

yvilla
12-28-2003, 05:38 PM
The sync and charge cable available from Toshiba is great. It's retractable, much like the MiniSyncs from BoxWave, and comes with an auto charger adapter as an extra bonus. It's $19.00. (The e800 port is not the same size as the e700 series models, so accessories for them cannot be used).

Like you, I'm a bit disconcerted about the lack of an e800 community here. This has always been my PPC "home", and I've never spent so much time on Brighthand before! It is a necessity now though, for e800 related news and discussion.

WyattEarp
12-28-2003, 08:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the e800/400 community will grow and be included as all others have. Some of the other websites have been around a lot longer since Palm days and jump immediately on new devices. It's just a matter of time and posts for this one to join in.

Anything you can add also helps to build it up too. So post any findings you have. Although I'm don't own an e800 myself I still like to keep up with all the different PPCs especially since some issues transend actual device models and brands.

yvilla
12-28-2003, 08:30 PM
Of course you're right, we can't expect to have a vibrant e800 community here without contributing to it. That's why I have been posting whatever useful bits I can, and keeping an eagle eye out for others' e800 posts too. :wink:

Janak Parekh
12-28-2003, 10:04 PM
Like you, I'm a bit disconcerted about the lack of an e800 community here. This has always been my PPC "home", and I've never spent so much time on Brighthand before! It is a necessity now though, for e800 related news and discussion.
WyattEarp hit the nail on the head. BH had device-specific forums long before PPCT (the first forum I used when I got my 3650 3 years ago was BH), so people have historically visited there for those device-specific discussions. We're working on making our device-specific forums better. If (apart from the lack of participation) you have suggestions on how to improve them, let us know. :)

--janak

nosmohtac
01-03-2004, 11:22 AM
The sync and charge cable available from Toshiba is great. It's retractable, much like the MiniSyncs from BoxWave, and comes with an auto charger adapter as an extra bonus. It's $19.00. (The e800 port is not the same size as the e700 series models, so accessories for them cannot be used).

Do you have the retractable style sync cable for the 805? If so, does it feel sturdy? I have the Boxwave model for my iPAQ, and it won't stand up with daily use. They did replace my first one very quickly, but now I don't use it as my primary sync cable.

yvilla
01-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Do you have the retractable style sync cable for the 805? If so, does it feel sturdy? I have the Boxwave model for my iPAQ, and it won't stand up with daily use. They did replace my first one very quickly, but now I don't use it as my primary sync cable.

I guess I've had better luck than you with the Boxwave retractable cable, which I used with my e750. But I didn't actually use it daily either and that may explain why; for me it was really more of a travel cable for use with my Tablet. At home I mostly sync wirelessly. I do have the Toshiba version for the e805, and it looks similar to the Boxwave but not identical. Honestly, going by looks alone it appears as if it may be less sturdy than the Boxwave, if only because the round center casing for the coiled cable is smaller. But again, I don't need it for daily use.

nosmohtac
01-04-2004, 01:12 AM
Thanks, that's good to know.

Syncing wirelessly.......now that's something I haven't figured out yet.