View Full Version : IPAQ 2215 and IPAQ Micro Keyboard

GLR
12-26-2003, 11:47 PM
I got Ipaq QWERTY micro keyboard directly from HP and tried connecting it to my IPAQ 2215, without any luck. I called HP and after much back and forth with the tech rep he came back and announced that he discovered that this keyboard is INCOMPATIBLE (?!) with the 2215 model even though it is clearly advertised that way both on the HP website and in the product manual, etc. He said it is a mistake and this keyboard is only working with HP 4150.

I find it very hard to believe this to be the case. Anyone had expereince using this keyboard, working or not working? I am getting heavy e-mail traffic and just switched to 2215 from 3600 series so being able to use a thumboard is of huge importance to me.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am just stunned at HP's response.

George

mrkablooey
12-27-2003, 01:38 AM
if you're talking about the thumboard, it works just fine on my 2215. just make sure you install the drivers. ;)

GLR
12-27-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks. I contacted IPAQ again Turns out it is a ROM issue. I installed version 1.01 to accomodate the extra capacity battery and it does not work with the present thumboard drivers. HP promised update within a month.

mrkablooey
12-27-2003, 04:27 PM
Did 1.01 come with the extra battery? It's not listed on the HP site.

GLR
12-27-2003, 05:42 PM
Actually the ROM upgrade came with the battery. It's the rather large 3600 MaH battery you can purchase as an accessory, part number FA 197A. It is easy to install and use and it dramatically increases both the size and the use time (to about 30 hours stand by) but apparently the upgraded ROM may cause some issues with other accessories until the drivers catch up. Of course they don't tell you that until after you install the new ROM.

mrkablooey
12-27-2003, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I don't know that I could put up with that battery yet. May get it as an accessory if I'm ever going to be away from power for an extended period of time but I don't see that happening as I'm not a traveller. :D