View Full Version : Good bluetooth phone & plan

Falstaff
12-26-2003, 04:47 AM
I've been looking around at phones (I'm thinking about finally getting one) and I was wanting some opinions from you people :lol: I would like something with bluetooth and a provider that offers a good service plan for web browsing, long distance (as I'm going to college next fall), and good coverage. I was looking at the SonyEricsson T610 on T-Mobile, but I wanted some opinions from people who already have phones. I have a Toshiba e755 now, but I will get a bluetooth card when I get a bluetooth phone. Thanks in advance.

Highline
12-26-2003, 09:49 AM
I've been looking around at phones (I'm thinking about finally getting one) and I was wanting some opinions from you people :lol: I would like something with bluetooth and a provider that offers a good service plan for web browsing, long distance (as I'm going to college next fall), and good coverage. I was looking at the SonyEricsson T610 on T-Mobile, but I wanted some opinions from people who already have phones. I have a Toshiba e755 now, but I will get a bluetooth card when I get a bluetooth phone. Thanks in advance.

Greetings Falstaff.....and everyone else for that matter! This is my first post here on PocketPcThoughts!!! Yay!!! :)

Anyway...back to your question!!

I have T-Mobile with the "Get More" plan. I have the Sony Ericsson T610 which in my opinion has marginal RF but a great user interface and BT support. My plan has 600AT minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited text messaging and mobile to mobile calling, annnnnd unlimited GPRS data for about 79$ a month..

Now you can get the "Get More" plan for $39 a month...and unlimited FULL internet access for an additional $20 a month. I love T-Mobile's data services....works very good for me. I used to have a Sprint PCS aircard for $80/month for unlimited data... and personally, I like GPRS MUCH better!!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask... and I will feel free to do my best to answer them! :multi:

TheMisterH2O
12-31-2003, 05:31 AM
[color=blue]I saw your posting and thought maybe you could help me out. I have the HP 1945 Pocket PC and the Sony Ericcson T616 with wireless web(provider is Cingular). I have tried on many occasions to connect my PDA to the internet via bluethooth with no success. Am I missing something? I also thought I need to sign up with Cingular in order to share my phones connection, but that's simply a guess. Any suggestions or places on the net to find additional info? I have even tried to contact Cingular, and that's just made it worse. HELP![/color][size=18][/size]

Janak Parekh
12-31-2003, 06:15 AM
Highline makes some good points. I'll add two:

1. For T-Mobile, shop through Amazon.com. You get insane discounts there... for instance, a T610/616 with BT headset is free right now.

2. Coverage is a tricky thing. Every provider has their good and bad spots, and the coverage maps aren't accurate enough. Make inquiries with people where you're going and ask them how the provider you want works there. (If I may ask, where are you going? ;))

--janak

Falstaff
12-31-2003, 10:47 PM
(If I may ask, where are you going? ;))

--janak
I wish I knew where I was going, I just sent in most of my applications today, so I have 3 months before I know. Thanks for all your help answering my question everyone.

fit4life
01-01-2004, 03:59 PM
I am using a T616 with service from ATT. The BT is Great. I use it to connect my h5555 and my Jabra BT headset. As for the plan I have the one rate plan for the phone and the unlimited data plan.

So far I am verry happy.

Falstaff
01-02-2004, 01:48 AM
I am using a T616 with service from ATT. The BT is Great. I use it to connect my h5555 and my Jabra BT headset. As for the plan I have the one rate plan for the phone and the unlimited data plan.

When you say that you have an unlimited data plan, does that allow use of chat clients and e-mail, because I know that there was news about T-Mobile limiting what you could do with the free unlimited data plan.

fit4life
01-02-2004, 04:03 AM
I have no restrictions on the use of the Data plan. I connect with BT and use Chat software on my iPAQ...

Falstaff
01-05-2004, 05:40 AM
I have no restrictions on the use of the Data plan. I connect with BT and use Chat software on my iPAQ...
Is that data plan included in your regular plan or is it a seperate cost? Is there anyone here using T-Mobile's basic plan with bluetooth that can elaborate on the new restrictions, i.e. chat apps? Thanks in advance.