View Full Version : Anyway to rip a cd with antipiracy protection?

ekjl
12-22-2003, 10:55 PM
I just received my cd in the mail today and this particular cd is said to have some sort of antipiracy on it so I can't rip the music on to my computer. I never carry a cd player around anymore; most of my music listening is done on my PDA. Is there anyway to bypass this security so I could rip it and put it on my PDA?

Ed Hansberry
12-23-2003, 03:23 AM
Depends on the copy protection. See http://www.fatchucks.com/index.html for info on these CDs and possible ways around them. Some protection schemes are so lame you just press SHIFT while inserting the CD into your PC so the copy protection program doesn't launch. :lol:

If you can't rip it to your PC, take it back and demand a refund. I too never listen on old style CD players. It is on my PC or Pocket PC or I don't use it.

dh
12-23-2003, 03:58 AM
Since you can legolly have a copy of a CD that you own, why not simply download the songs if you can find them? Of course you're pretty much stuck with MP3 but at least you'd have a playable version.

Arcticblue
12-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Without knowing what kind of copy protection it have, I do know however that with a black filtpen you can draw a fine line around where the copyprotection is.. (think it is on the inner circle you should be able to see it) anyway this I am sure other can explain better than me.
I know some guys who have done just that and it worked, but you need to be careful as you might cover some of the tracks and then loose the first song ofcourse.
But you can always remove the mark anyway with some stuff I am sure of.

Steven Cedrone
12-23-2003, 02:32 PM
You should be able to find a way to rip the CD you purchased. If you can't, I would demand a refund...

Rather than let this thread turn into "Circumventing DRM - 101", it is going to be locked...

Good luck!!!

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator