View Full Version : Time to send back Gomadic cable and buy PPC phone?

Bulldog
12-22-2003, 02:07 PM
No matter what I do I can't make the connection work. I am sure it's not gomadics fault, I just don't know what else to do. I have an X5 advanced and LG5350. I have searched forums on three sites, contacted gomadic, upgraded my ROM from A00 to A04, soft reset until I can't stand it anymore.
I am ready to send the cable back or sell it and buy a PPC phone from sprint.
Any last words?

Bladefree21
12-22-2003, 07:01 PM
There are a few :?: rumors :?: about Sprint having a new PPC phone. So if your not in a big rush it may be frugal to wait a month or two! Though, if you need an always connected PPC now... and no contract, Verizon has a very 8) PPC phone. THE i700! :mrgreen:

Here is an article by one of PPCThoughts editors! Janak Parekh

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,20748&start=0

PetiteFlower
12-22-2003, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry you can't get it to work, that exact phone/PPC combination works perfectly for me. What settings are you attempting to use?

Bulldog
12-22-2003, 10:03 PM
I am dialing #2932 no area codes or other numbers. I have the comcube configured. baud rate on both is 115200bps. not sure what else you are looking for?
When I open PIE I am using a modem connection (the call in progress symbol is active NOT the wireless web icon)
and there is nothing being tx or rx when I try to open a web page.

PetiteFlower
12-23-2003, 12:33 AM
As I said in the other thread, you should be dialing #777. If you have an unlimited sprint vision plan, this *should* work following all the instructions on Gomadic's web site.

Bulldog
12-24-2003, 12:06 AM
Okay, 777 works, but not on my ax. I set it up the same way on my father-in-laws and it works.
What's up with that?

PetiteFlower
12-24-2003, 07:20 AM
The only possible explanation is something is set up wrong on your ppc. It works on mine which is the same OS and model, and it works with your phone on a different PPC, so that leaves your PPC as the only remaining variable. I couldn't tell you WHAT was set wrong without looking at it, but the problem has to lie somewhere within the silver brick :)

Bulldog
12-24-2003, 04:25 PM
Nothing that a hard reset can't fix!!
I hate doing them but after a few you aren't as scared.
I am slowly installing all my apps/utilities and so far PIE is working!!!!!!!!!

PetiteFlower
12-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Great! Glad you got it working :)