View Full Version : Incorrect time on my Ipaq

Ratel10mm
12-22-2003, 10:15 AM
Hello all

I have a strange thing happening with my Ipaq, where the time insists on setting itself 1 hour behind my PC time, which is on the correct GMT time with daylight savings. My Ipaq is set to GMT too. The OS on my PC is Windows 2000. Has anyone got any idea why this happens, and how I can correct it, please? :oops:

I've had a search through the site for this, but no luck so far.
Cheers
Ratel

Glohamar
12-22-2003, 11:40 AM
I think you need to check the settings on your iPaq. Try Start, Settings, System tab, clock. Make sure you have the right GMT selected there. This can affect the time display. Also, when you sync with your PC, do you sync the time also?

Dave :)

Ratel10mm
12-23-2003, 12:05 PM
Thankss Glohamar, that's all okay. I guess this is a bit more intricate. Bloody toys! :evil: lol

Any more ideas, anyone?
My old Jornada 430 had the same problem, so I'm wondering if it's a fault on the PC side.

draiken
12-23-2003, 03:22 PM
I had a similar problem about 2 years ago with my J568, the government in Mexico City decided to change the Daylight Savings Time start and Finish Dates, and so, Microsoft changed them in Windows XP, PPC 2002, etc...

A year later, they realized it was stupid, and returned to the old dates, (the same as Central Time in the US), but since, MS hasn't updated the DSTs in old software only in new one, so If I were to set my WinXP computer and my PPC 2003 device to the Mexico Setting for time zone, it all gets screwed up, one device is 1hr ahead of the other, and when they sync, it's a mess, it moves all the appointments and stuff

FIX: set all my devices to US Central Time

Ratel10mm
01-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Well, I found the fault.

Turns out that although the time on my PC was right, somehow it had been set to C.E.T, instead of the GMT that I set it to when it was supplied to me. :oops: :oops: :oops:
No idea how, why, or when that happened, but others have access to my machine, so maybe someone else changed it for some reason.
Thanks for the help, guys.