View Full Version : e755 connect to cell phone for internet access

airspeed
12-22-2003, 04:51 AM
I cannot get a data cable to connect my Nokia, will a different phone work to connect the e755???

what is a good source for PDA to cell cables??

The supply Net doesn't have it???????
Thanks !! 0X

victore
12-31-2003, 11:56 AM
do you have to attach to your phone via a cable? what about infrared? most of the later model nokias have a IR port. remember, you'll need to subscribe to some sort of data service in order to use your phone as a modem. some will allow you to use your voice minutes to dial up a ISP, while some data plans will turn your phones to GPRS modems.

Janak Parekh
12-31-2003, 06:53 PM
First off, which Nokia do you have?

--janak

airspeed
01-01-2004, 11:48 PM
Sorry about that, I have been writing about this for a few days and I started assuming things.

Anyway I have a Nokia 6340i. I need a cable to connect to the Toshiba e755. I will be using my cell as a modem and the plan will be using my minutes.

I didn't think infrared was an option because of connection speed and ease of use. Any comments on that would be appreciated. I hear that it could be a problem if your not standing still. The Nokia and the Toshiba both have infrared.

My other phone choice (that works at my house) is the Ericsson T62u, it has gprs. I am not sure what gprs is but the nokia doesn't have that. I don't mind trying the ericsson as long as I am not paying by the mb. I cannot find a cable for that phone either.

I really appreceiate your time for replies, I never get anywhere with "support" or sales people. Thanks a mil