View Full Version : Question: CalliGrapher - Selecting text

gopher
12-21-2003, 07:03 PM
I am trying out CalliGrapher to see if it will work well for me. I read the tutorial, and have been experimenting, but it is not clear to me how to select text while using CalliGrapher.

The manual says to tap and hold the stylus for a moment until you hear a sound, and then recognition activities will be suspended so that you can drag and select text. This seems to be hit and miss. While it works sometimes, it usually results in the Operating System dialog box with options for Insert Date, Paste and Alternatives.

I expect I'm missing something fairly simple. Would one of the experienced CalliGrapher users please help. Thanks!

britade
12-21-2003, 09:48 PM
The manual says to tap and hold the stylus for a moment until you hear a sound, and then recognition activities will be suspended so that you can drag and select text.

The trick is to click and hold until the multicoloured circular animation gets about half way round, then start dragging to select the text. It takes a little bit of practice but it does work. Using the animation to guide you works quite well.

Regards,

Britade.