View Full Version : Rant: Wrapping paper

Candygogo
12-21-2003, 03:27 AM
Seriously, why was this invented? You go through the trouble of sizing the paper, wrapping the gift (some that are too hard to wrap) taping it and labeling it only for the paper to be ripped to shreds in a matter of seconds.

Grumble...grumble...stuck wrapping presents :wink:

Pat Logsdon
12-21-2003, 03:50 AM
Yeah, wrapping paper is annoying. But you know what I find really annoying? I haven't been able to find anywhere to purchase wrapping paper online. I've been able to do all of my shopping online so far, but I have to crawl out of my hole and emerge squinting into a blinding sun JUST to get friggin' wrapping paper.

SOMEONE FILL THIS NICHE! :mrgreen:

Candygogo
12-21-2003, 04:58 AM
Yeah, wrapping paper is annoying. But you know what I find really annoying? I haven't been able to find anywhere to purchase wrapping paper online. I've been able to do all of my shopping online so far, but I have to crawl out of my hole and emerge squinting into a blinding sun JUST to get friggin' wrapping paper.

Hehehehe...it's a good thing there are gift bags out there for people like us. Of course, you would have to go into the sun tot buy the giftbags, but...

Jon Westfall
12-21-2003, 05:34 AM
I make sure to buy "container" presents for anyone who's getting more than 1 or 2 presents from me (i.e. my girlfriend, Karey). Lets see, she's gotten a fireproof security chest, a backpack, a duffel bag, and various boxes decorated with my signature (bad) artwork (a sentimental keepsake!). Its my solution to wrapping!

Gee... second post today I've used (bad) in... wonder if there are any other posts I can use that construction in before midnight...

DrtyBlvd
12-23-2003, 10:38 PM

I thought Amazon giftwrapped?

Oh, the irony of it all. The bronzy of it as well. :)

Ho Ho Ho, Ha Bumhug.

Now wait, I've got that wrong again haven't I...err...err...

David Prahl
12-24-2003, 05:03 AM
Patent-pending SPRAY-ON WRAPPING PAPER! :D

You can print off all the PPCT articles and wrap presents in those - but no one would want to rip them!

Pat Logsdon
12-24-2003, 05:57 AM
I thought Amazon giftwrapped?
Yes, but unfortunately, I didn't order everything from Amazon... :cry:

Oh, the irony of it all. The bronzy of it as well. :)
Argh! :twak:

Pat Logsdon
12-24-2003, 05:58 AM
You can print off all the PPCT articles and wrap presents in those - but no one would want to rip them!
I don't know - some of the threads I've read recently... :mrgreen:

Tom W.M.
12-24-2003, 02:12 PM
Patent-pending SPRAY-ON WRAPPING PAPER! :D
http://www.dow.com/greatstuff/images/beaver.gif (http://www.dow.com/greatstuff/index.htm)
:wink: