View Full Version : Question on Trancreative.com Software

shawnc
12-20-2003, 08:31 PM
Does anyone have experience with either the dictionary or Magic Button from this site:

http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx

I've never heard of them, but I really like how the dictionary claims to allow you to look-up words from other applications by simply tapping on the word. I don't know how that would work. I thought that type of functionality only existed within the MS Reader program.

Edit - I just read some reviews on this software (dictionary) and apparently it's a little more popular than I thought. I think this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for but would still appreciate any comments from the community.

Thanx,

stitics
12-20-2003, 08:49 PM
I don't have any experience with the dictionary, but Magic Button is my task switcher of choice. It's really good.

winsquared35
12-22-2003, 06:12 AM
Hi, I tried the Wordbook, and I thought it was very good. However, I ended up buying the eDictionary Reader by ppclink (www.ppclink.com ) because they have a large number of free dictionaries to download beside the English dictionary, and it can look up words from MS Reader and Mobipocket and other readers if you have them. It costs less also, which probably was the deciding factor for me.
Check it out, compare and see what you like better. :)

keelinlee
12-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Hi, I tried the Wordbook, and I thought it was very good. However, I ended up buying the eDictionary Reader by ppclink (www.ppclink.com ) because they have a large number of free dictionaries to download beside the English dictionary, and it can look up words from MS Reader and Mobipocket and other readers if you have them. It costs less also, which probably was the deciding factor for me.
Check it out, compare and see what you like better. :)

The problem is that eDictionary Reader does not work inside Mobipocket.
I prefer to use Oxford dictionaries with Mobi: I'm sure it works and they are not expensive.

winsquared35
12-22-2003, 06:40 PM
Keelinlee wrote:
The problem is that eDictionary Reader does not work inside Mobipocket.

Hi, I just checked on my HP 2215, with mobipocket and eDictionary. It does work. You have to start the eSelector. THen within Mobipocket, you tap on the word you want to look up, tap "copy" then tap on the eSelector icon on the task bar. The word and its definition will pop up.

mmc
12-25-2003, 04:01 AM
it works with mobipocket on my ipaq 1945 also. really love this product because of the price and audio feature that other products do not have and only wish it can work with palm reader.

shawnc
12-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Just an update - Though I have a registered copy of Lextionary, I just purchased the Word Book dictionary from Transcreative. I also downloaded the free Magic Button application closer from the same site. In all of my years of dealing with PPC's it was EASILY the most seamless transaction that I have EVER been involved with (and trust me, I have been involved with many).

If I had known about the Magic Button, I would have downloaded it a long time ago and saved myself about $15. This freebe does exactly what it says it will with an extremely small footprint. And the install process was very easy. Unusual (based on my experience) for a freebe.

Now for the Word Book. I've only used it for a few hours but IMO it simply blows Lextionary out of the water. Not NEARLY as many taps to look up a word. And being able to look up a word from other applications (IE, Word, etc.) is soooooo convenient. Registration was a snap. They sent me an email within 2 minutes with a WORKING registration code.

BTW - this installed on the 1st try. I've been trying to get Lextionary to send me a working registration code since Xmas, with no luck :evil: . After using TranCreative, I won't be contacting Lextionary anymore. This product is the BEST :) !!

iant54
12-29-2003, 12:29 PM
Having read the above regarding Word Book, and already having Word master, I've now bought both Word Book and Quick Lookup (the latter allows for the creation/editing of dictionaries).

popabawa
12-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Probably worth mentioning that WordBook WON'T look up word from an encrypted MS Reader eBook because of the inability to 'copy' any text within MS Reader for these eBooks.

Iain.

shawnc
12-29-2003, 03:33 PM
Probably worth mentioning that WordBook WON'T look up word from an encrypted MS Reader eBook because of the inability to 'copy' any text within MS Reader for these eBooks.Iain.

Good point. Though I didn't find this to be problematic since that functionality already exists within Reader. All other applications seemed to work flawlessly.