View Full Version : 2210 flip cover - rip off?

hamishmacdonald
12-18-2003, 06:19 PM
A few months ago, I placed an order for the iPAQ 2210 flip cover --
http://www.thepocketsolution.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PSI-029&Category_Code=Ipaq2215Accessories&Product_Count=26

My credit card was charged immediately, but the product has been "coming soon" for the longest time. I've written to the sellers several times, and received no response whatsoever.

Does anyone have any insight on what's going on with this company?

Thanks.

Jason Dunn
12-18-2003, 06:37 PM
I've seen many complaints about these guys, and no good news - I recommend you dispute the charge with your credit card company. I'll see if I can contact them to find out what they're really up to, but I wouldn't wait to dispute the charge.

hamishmacdonald
12-18-2003, 07:22 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I've already started that process. It's a real hassle, as I got my credit card back when I lived in Canada (I now live in Scotland). Since I'm back in Canada for Christmas, this would be a good time to get that sorted out.

Anyway, thanks for looking into this, and for the advice.

Jason Dunn
12-18-2003, 08:25 PM
"Thanks for taking the time to contact me about this. We have encountered problems with our 2200 series covers. It is our policy to completely refund any customer who requests it, regardless of the reason, be it a delay, or dissatisfaction with a received product. We have changed to a system where customers who purchase an advance product do not pay in advance for it. With some products we do experience slight delays due to availability, but we go out of our way to second-source these products wherever available. We are in the process of establishing a manned toll-free number so that our customers can contact us for order status and other questions. As a growing company though, we have certainly had our share of mistakes in handling some issues. It is my hope that we can achieve 100% customer satisfaction, and we are putting in place the means to do so.

Mike DiLeo
Pocket Solutions, Inc."

Take that for whatever it's worth...

hamishmacdonald
12-19-2003, 02:41 AM
Thanks for chasing that up. They've not responded to any of my e-mails, so I've given up on dealing with them and have pursued the matter with my credit card issuer.

You'd think if they're so keen to give refunds when there are problems with the product that they'd contact those of us who'd already paid for the thing. Or something.

I've really gotta stop buying accessories for my Pocket PC on impulse. This thing is already dressed up better than any Barbie doll. I'm away for Christmas, working quite easily from the thing full-time.

A Bluetooth GPS receiver, though...