View Full Version : Battery Cover Loose on 2210

maikii
12-18-2003, 01:18 PM
Recently the battery case cover has come loose on my 2210. I have no idea why. The latch still has spring in it, but it won't hold the cover on. And I notice, if the cover isn't on very tight, pressing in the battery, the unit receives no power.

Is this a common problem with the 2210, the battery cover coming off? Will HP replace units with that problem? Any workarounds, until I get it fixed. (I'm keeping the cover on with tape now, but it often doesn't hold the cover on tight enough, and the unit powers off.

jimH
12-18-2003, 03:11 PM
HP apparently knows about the battery door problem because they include a new battery door with the replacement grips kit. The kit includes a door and a small foam pad that is placed on the inside of the door. I would check to see if the pad has fallen off your door. Regardless, I suggest you contact HP support and order the grip kit. The kit is free. For information, go to the long thread on Brighthancl and search for he thread about grips in the ipaq 22xx forum. There is good advice about dealing with HP support and the part number for the grip kit. With this info, you should be able to get the kit in less than 2 days.

Good luck,
Jim

maikii
12-20-2003, 09:21 PM
HP apparently knows about the battery door problem because they include a new battery door with the replacement grips kit. The kit includes a door and a small foam pad that is placed on the inside of the door. I would check to see if the pad has fallen off your door. Regardless, I suggest you contact HP support and order the grip kit. The kit is free. For information, go to the long thread on Brighthancl and search for he thread about grips in the ipaq 22xx forum. There is good advice about dealing with HP support and the part number for the grip kit. With this info, you should be able to get the kit in less than 2 days.

Good luck,
Jim

Thanks, Jim.

I just looked for that thread on Brighthand, and couldn't find it. URL?

jimH
12-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Try http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=8dffca81939144c8850b36be25ca0768&threadid=94377

Jim