View Full Version : Wisbar v Handy Menu

Vulcan
12-18-2003, 10:17 AM
.....What are the pros and cons of each?

I have used Handy Menu and like it. I tried Wisbar for a few days and ended up removing it.

rhmorrison
12-18-2003, 03:09 PM
And what about all the other task managers (http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/utilities_taskmanagers.shtml) that are available :?:

I personally use IcBar, but GigaBar is very powerful as is WisBar Advance.

This might be a good topic for a POLL...

Which task manager do you use:
GigaBar WisBar WisBar Advance IcBar vBar Magic Button Small Menu ...

pocketpcfox
12-18-2003, 04:53 PM
And what about all the other task managers (http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/utilities_taskmanagers.shtml) that are available :?:

Yeah... I've tried a lot of these, and always found Icbar best value for money.

mrkablooey
12-18-2003, 09:32 PM
It's just what works for me, but I have HandyMenu and HandyLauncher plus Wisbar Advance.

edit I also use Pocket Plus. Just uninstalled WA due to some weirdness (and I have the most current version but it's working fine on other machines)

tanalasta
12-19-2003, 04:10 AM
I think wisbar advance has the advantage of being free :) unless i'm mistaken... I currently use the program bar that comes with batterypack 2004 as i find it to be very easy to use and i don't like skinning my device ;)

jmkeuning
12-19-2003, 06:14 AM
Handy Menu and Spb Pocket Pc Plus.

I recommend POcket PC Plus bc it controls what happens when you hit the X in the uppper R hand corner of the screen. (also does some other cool stuff) I like the Today Launcher also - really easy to set up. I do not use the monitoring feature bc I have Sprite and use their utility. Pocket Plus also has a full screen IE that's pretty cool when you need to surf on the iPAQ.

I picked up Handy Menu bc it's CHEAP right now. I think it's OK, and that's about it. It's worth the small $ though, especially if you mess with your settings a lot.

DinarSoft
12-19-2003, 01:57 PM
HandyMenu is not a task manager

There is a big number of our customers who are using HandyMenu along with IcBar or WisBar

ludzh
12-19-2003, 03:58 PM
I use Handy Launcher (also from Dinar Soft) and Wisbar Advanced.... and cLaunch.

(I did have to reinstall Wisbar Adv before it would start behaving properly, but I think that my trial install of Calligrapher might have had something to do with the WA problems).

:D (I just inserted the smiley b/c it's so darn cute)

slothdog
12-19-2003, 05:59 PM
I like HandyLauncher because of its small nature. I don't care about skinning and stuff, I just want a task switcher. I've noticed that occasionally it reverses my close/minimize preferences until I restart it, though. (I.E., I set it to minimize on tap and close on tap&hold, but occasionally for no apparent reason it will close on tap and minimize on tap&hold.) Anyone else seen this?

britade
12-19-2003, 08:34 PM
I did have to reinstall Wisbar Adv before it would start behaving properly, but I think that my trial install of Calligrapher might have had something to do with the WA problems).

Hi Ludzh, you don't happen to have an iPAQ do you? I kept getting an error message about being unable to acquire data on my ipaq after a soft reset. Switching off autoloading Calligrapher 7 at startup fixes this for me.

Oh, yes, and I do use Wisbar Adv.

Britade.

ludzh
12-19-2003, 08:49 PM
I did have to reinstall Wisbar Adv before it would start behaving properly, but I think that my trial install of Calligrapher might have had something to do with the WA problems).

Hi Ludzh, you don't happen to have an iPAQ do you? I kept getting an error message about being unable to acquire data on my ipaq after a soft reset. Switching off autoloading Calligrapher 7 at startup fixes this for me.

Oh, yes, and I do use Wisbar Adv.

Britade.

Yep- iPAQ 2210. And when I had Calligrapher 7 installed, I *did* have it set to autoload upon startup... If I remember correctly, I uninstalled Calligrapher and reinstalled Wisbar Adv the same day... so maybe switching off autoload on Calligrapher would have done the trick and solved my Wisbar woes.

britade
12-19-2003, 09:33 PM
Incidentally, I've recently upgraded my 5450 to PPC2003 and I can now autoload Calligrapher with wisbar adv installed without any problems.