View Full Version : Trying to get DivX to PPC is driving me CrAZy!!

IIIsynthtaxIII
12-17-2003, 10:00 PM
I've followed several guides, including the one at PocketMatrix and haven't gotten satisfactory results.

I've tried using PocketDivX and PocketMVP and they seem to always crash on me, and no matter WHAT I do, I always get an Error in Audio whenever I try and use PocketDivX 0.8.

I'll make this short:

I need basically to know what codecs/bitrates work with either PocketDivX or PocketMVP, it seems like I've tried them all but can't get the files to play, or they play but look horrible!

It would also help if you could let me know where to get those codecs to ensure I get the right ones!

HELP ME!!!

Thanks,

|||synthtax|||

PoweriPaq
12-18-2003, 12:45 AM
Look for PocketMVP in google. That's what I use in my iPaq. Also, go to www.bigdsvideo.com and follow his Divx Guide.

IIIsynthtaxIII
12-18-2003, 03:58 AM
I had already done that...

Either way, trial and error and many hours later I found something that works well.

However, I really want to know how PocketMatrix made those great looking .ogm movie trailors!

|||synthtax|||

PoweriPaq
12-18-2003, 07:18 PM
I had the same problem you had. After searching on Google, I found PocketMVP by WinCESoft and it's compatible with my hardware and OS.

Tom W.M.
12-19-2003, 07:30 AM
If you want to author .ogm files, I'd say to go with VirtualDubMod (http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/). If you're going from a DVD, there's DVDtoOGM, though I haven't used it myself.

As for PocketMatrix's trailers, I downloaded the LotR: RotK one, and it appears to be 320x136 DivX 5 video encoded at 264 kbps. and Vorbis audio at 64 kbps. That's quite a high bitrate for such a small video (dimensionwise) video, explaining why it looks so good.

Anyone know where they may have gotten the source from? I've tried getting video out of recent Quicktime videos, and it's very well near impossible. Did this trailer appear on the The Two Towers DVD?