View Full Version : Making transcriber the default input method in PPC 2003 - How?

Jorlin
12-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Hi!

Can anybody answer that qestion please?

Thanks!

Vulcan
12-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Tap settings/input....
See the pull down menu? Select transcriber.....

Darren Behan
12-17-2003, 12:51 PM
That doesn't keep it the default after a soft reset, it reverts to the keyboard thereafter. There is a registry hack to do this but I seem to remember that there are some problems if Transcriber doesn't load right on start up. See http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweaks/Tweak.asp?ref=13.

db

Sven Johannsen
12-18-2003, 04:28 AM
In the Calligrapher options screens, there is a checkbox for Start Calligrapher after soft reset. That has seemed to start and select Calligrapher everytime I soft reset on every PPC I've had it on.

JustMe
12-18-2003, 04:49 AM
In the Calligrapher options screens, there is a checkbox for Start Calligrapher after soft reset. That has seemed to start and select Calligrapher everytime I soft reset on every PPC I've had it on.

I believe the original poster is talking about transcriber. I too would like to know if it's possible to make transcriber load after a soft-reset.

/me clicks on the link above.

Thanks,
JM

Sven Johannsen
12-21-2003, 12:44 PM
I believe the original poster is talking about transcriber. I too would like to know if it's possible to make transcriber load after a soft-reset.

Yea, sorry. I realized he was talking about transcriber after I posted. Haven't used that in so long I just see Calligrapher when someone asks about Transcriber. IMHO Calligrapher has so many enhancements, that if you tend to use a HRW program, it is worth investigating.

Kowalski
12-23-2003, 11:02 AM
IMHO Calligrapher has so many enhancements, that if you tend to use a HRW program, it is worth investigating.
one word of advice: dont use this program! its dangerous!!!!
if you ask me why this prog causes erratic problems in my ppc and when i use it i have to reset almost twice a day. i uninstalled the prog and all my nightmares had gone :?

redifrogger
12-28-2003, 04:38 AM
This was annoying to me too - I use this to solve it.

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/inputtweaker.shtm

tanalasta
12-28-2003, 10:46 AM
I also find the default "keyboard" entry input method irritating as i prefer letter recognizer.

But surely it's not too much trouble next time you have to enter something to click the small arrow in the right hand corner and then select whatever your preferred option is on the scroll-down menu? It certainly takes less time than searching the registry!