View Full Version : Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

David Prahl
12-16-2003, 10:42 PM
This may vary depending on your location, but in Wisconsin tonight is the premier of the film "The Return of the King". I've got a ticket to the first show (11:57pm), which will be shown on the "Ultra Screen" (which means that the screen is huge and the floors aren't as sticky).

I know someone who is leaving for the theatre at 4:00pm. That means they'll be spending almost 8 hours waiting, and another 3 hours and 20 minutes watching the actual film. I'll be arriving at about 9:30, and leaving the theatre at about 3:30 am.

Do you have a ticket? Have you already seen ROTK?

A funny picture...

http://www.randalf.cz/images/sauron.jpg

Falstaff
12-16-2003, 10:56 PM
I was going to post a poll about this to see when people were going. I already have my ticket bought, I just need to pick it up at the theater. There are probably at least 30 people from my senior class (98 total) going to ROTK tonight. It's going to be awesome. The showing here starts at 12:01 though...maybe I can get a flight to Wisconsin.... In fact, I have to go to sleep now so I don't sleep through school tommorrow. This is going to be the greatest movie experience ever. I only wish I could have seen the 3 in a row playing, but alas school got in my way.

David Prahl
12-16-2003, 11:01 PM
I was going to see the extended versions of the first two beforehand, but realized later that that's 8 hours. 8O

There are a lot of people in my senior class (of 400) that are going - I don't know how we'll all fit!

I've got disc one of "Two Towers" on my Axim X5. :mrgreen: That should give me something to do for 2.5 hours while I wait.

yslee
12-16-2003, 11:30 PM
I'll be going for the LOTR marathon in about 2 hours time! Looking forward to it!

maximus
12-17-2003, 02:21 AM
Envy. envy. envy. I will have the opportunity to watch that movie in .... uhm ... six month from now :devilboy:

Falstaff
12-17-2003, 04:36 AM
I quickly made some LOTR themes if anyone wants them (they aren't great, I had to hurry). You can find them here. (http://www.capuchine.com/themes)

David Prahl
12-17-2003, 03:03 PM
The film was fantastic!

I was surprised that they showed 15 minutes of trailers and previews before the feature began. Two fanatics were in line at 3:30pm! Started at 12:21pm, got home at 4:00am.

Got a total of 4 hours of sleep. :morning:

draiken
12-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Today is the day... I have my tickets for the 11:30 showing, going with a group of 20~30 people (friends & Family) ITS GONNA BE FUUUNNNN

ironguy
12-17-2003, 04:23 PM
We're going tonight for the 10:30 pm showing. After a long day it will be a challenge... or not! Good thing there's a Starbuck's almost next door to the theater!

Kevin Remhof
12-17-2003, 05:36 PM
I saw it this "morning" at 12:10. What a great movie! I loved the first two and this was no exception. Definitely a good ending to the trilogy (well, the books took care of that but you know what I mean). The movie was long but I never looked at my watch. It had a nice pace and kept moving.

My only gripe was the theater jacking up the price for the midnight showings. Instead of the usual $8.75 full price, it was $10. But hey, it was worth it.

So, I'm trying to get by on 4 hours of sleep in the past 24 hours. It's going to be a long day.

Pat Logsdon
12-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Aaargh - I'm going to see it tonight, too - also on about 4 hours of sleep AFTER a long work day. I was up until 2 last night hovering over the eBay auction for my Axim and almost all of my peripherals. AND I'll need to work straight through the day so I can leave early to get to the theatre in time for the 7pm showing.

It'll be a long haul, but I think it'll definitely be worth it. I can't wait!

Falstaff
12-17-2003, 09:24 PM
I have one word to say about last night: AWESOME!!!!

sublime
12-17-2003, 10:29 PM
The movie was much better than I expected. They handled the boring part of the books (the Hobbitts' journey home) exceptionally well.

Great. All I can say. Great.

Janak Parekh
12-18-2003, 02:32 AM
David, I don't mean to kill your thread, but since there's a frontpage thread already going on... let's all post there.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22116&highlight=

thanks! :)

--janak