View Full Version : battery question

Kowalski
12-16-2003, 09:19 PM
i have a 2215 and use a program called batterybar from handango. the program monitors your usage and decides how many hours left to use.
i bought a sandisk SD card and power meter now reads only 3 hours left when fully charged. this was 4 hours befoure. does SD cards consume this much power?

when the unit is off and i insert or pull off the sd card, the unit turns itself and i hate this. is there a way to turn this option off

Dave Conger
12-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Have you noticed an actually loss in useful time of your device? SD cards don't usually require that much power that they would take an hour off the life of the device, though it could just be batterybar noticing (or taking into account) the card. For instance I use Pocket Plus (which has a similar feature) and when I insert my WiFi card along a couple minutes are lost, even though it is power hungry and I know that it is going to take away more time that that. Though this is the opposite of your problem, the battery meters are usually only a rough estimate of time.

I hate the unit on/off with the card pull as well, but I haven't found any way to stop it.