View Full Version : Pocket Word Help

HPtr
12-16-2003, 05:21 AM
Hi all...

I am a new comers here, so hope you guys don't take my silly questions hardly.... I have an ipaq 1945 that I bought 2 weeks ago, it worked fine until yesterday (i didn't remember what I did to it), all of sudden I can't open the pocket word. When I tap on a word article, the title page would say Pocket Word but the rest of the page would be the same.....

Hope any of you can help me...

Thanks before

g0097
12-16-2003, 06:10 AM
Is this problem only happening in pocket word or has it shown up anywhere else too, like pocket excel? You may just need to do a simply reset of your device. Also, I wonder if it may be the document you are trying to open. Are you trying to open the same document each time you get this error?

jmkeuning
12-16-2003, 06:32 AM
Instead of going to Word first to open the doc, what if you go to file explorer, navigate to the appropriate folder (with Word closed of course), and try to open it there. Does that work?

cml
12-16-2003, 01:41 PM
As g0097 suggests, I've had this happen to my 2215 with several different applications -- and a soft reset has always fixed it for me.

HPtr
12-16-2003, 05:58 PM
I've tried what you guys suggesting me but i still couldn't get my lil device work properly. I've tried to open the word through file explorer, it didn't work....tried with different word documents, as well.

The pocket excel is working fine, so do other programs, so it just the word.

What are soft reset and hard reset? I've tried to reattach the batery, is it considered a soft reset??

Thx again...

Steven Cedrone
12-16-2003, 07:01 PM
What are soft reset and hard reset? I've tried to reattach the batery, is it considered a soft reset??

Soft reset - Press the Reset button on the side of the iPAQ Pocket PC with the stylus.

Steve