View Full Version : Memory Leak

townsendtribe
12-15-2003, 08:40 PM
Anyone know what could be causing a memory leak? I will leave my Axim for a few hours, and when I come back all my program memory is eaten up and it has taken over the rest of my storage space too, but it claims there are no programs running. I have the latest versions of most of the applications I use, but I haven't seen this until recently. Here is a list of what I have running in case you see anything that stands out:

Battery Pack 2004, JournelBar 2, Sprite Pocket Backup Plus, PIToday, CityTime, FlexWallet, Full Screen Keyboard, Handy Menu, Lextionary, Resco Picture Viewer, Pocket Informant, BVRM Pocket Phone Tools, Pocket Bible, Resco File Explorer, and the rest are the built in apps.

Any suggestions?

Steven Cedrone
12-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Take a look at this thread... (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21468&start=0)

See if it helps...

Steve

Bilko
12-15-2003, 10:34 PM
You might want to look at JB2.

I was losing 2mb memory an hour on my 2210, charging, screen on, no use.

I deleted JB2 and memory loss became virtually nil under same conditions. I've now re-installed v.1.43 and seems ok

townsendtribe
12-15-2003, 10:36 PM
You might want to look at JB2... I've now re-installed v.1.43 and seems ok

Good advice... I think I'll give that a try, if I can find the older version.

townsendtribe
12-17-2003, 05:09 AM
Well, it looks like the JournelBar 2 was the problem... I am back on 1.4.3 and I will send OmegaOne an email.

Thanks for the help!

Chuckwrox
12-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Be sure to let us know what resolution they provide! You're probably not the only one experiencing this problem.