View Full Version : Ipaq 5555

Suntech
12-15-2003, 08:03 PM
:D I'm leaning heavy to buying a 5555. I would like your thoughts on this unit from people who own one. I consider myself somewhat of a savy user, using it 3-4 hrs a day. I've seen mixed reactions on this unit, as I'm new to PPC community.(Upgrading from a Sony Clie NX70V). Love the wi-fi connectivity that the Ipaq gives. Thanks for your comments. 0X

12-15-2003, 09:07 PM
It's hard to say. I have a 5550 and I have a 4150. The 4150 has bad battery life, but then so did the 5550. I was looking at the new toshiba 800, and I would probably be tempted to go in that direction. built in wi-fi, plus 128 megs ram, 32 meg flash mem and 32 meg rom, plus cf II and sdio, and sdio now card slots. the 4" screen is better than anything I've seen, and the expansion is great too. (a 3000 mah battery, vga output and usb hosting) pretty awesome machine for $599. better than the 5550 for sure. Toshiba is not known for their support however, so you give a little to get a little.

my .02$

Suntech
12-16-2003, 12:44 AM
Thanks for responding, I like an honest answer like yours, I like the way the Toshiba is built. I had a few Toshiba products & never had a problen with them. I'm gonna take a look at the toshiba a little harder. Do you think not having blue tooth is a big deal? I really don't own anything bluetooth, but my next cell phone carrier may have a phone with bluetooth that I could use to get on the internet. But I may add Bluetooth is not a big deal with me. :D

12-16-2003, 01:25 AM
well, the bluetooth is nice, but i don't use it all that much. i have wifi access at home and work, so really, the only time I use it is when i am desperate to get a particular piece of information. you best bet is buy the pda you like, and then when the opportunity comes up, get a smartphone. the smartphones are dirt cheap (amazon has one for $29.00 after rebates). that way you can surf the web and use your pda for the heavy processing.

Suntech
12-16-2003, 02:13 AM
Kewl,Thanks 8)