View Full Version : Compu2Go Reviews Toshiba's e400

Janak Parekh
12-15-2003, 06:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.compu2go.com/e400toshiba.html' target='_blank'>http://www.compu2go.com/e400toshiba.html</a><br /><br /></div>The e400 often gets overshadowed by its big brother, the e800, but it's an interesting device in its own right. John over at Compu2Go writes in with this review.<br /><br />"Toshiba has turned in their dull metal and black plastic boxes for deep-purple & stylish speedsters. The box says the e400 is blue, but its easy-grip, graphite-like surface glitters rich purple hues when the light catches it. You may think it odd I'm starting out my review of a PDA by ooh-ing and ah-ing about the color... but I'm not stopping there. Toshiba has produced a true blue-blood of a PDA, a Prince Harry of a PocketPC. It's a thing of beauty to behold, light as a feather to hold, and a fast little machine when it gets to work. I hear you asking: did it stay a blue-blood through the review, or turn into a frog? Read on & find out!"

lonesniper
12-15-2003, 01:17 PM
Toshiba has produced a true blue-blood of a PDA, a Prince Harry of a PocketPC."

Rumour has it that Prince Harry is not Prince Charles's son, but the result of one of the many supposed affairs Diana had. So he is probably not Blue-Blooded.

But the e400 surely is. :)

egads
12-15-2003, 02:05 PM
Am I the only one who thinks these new Toshiba's are butt ugly ???

Thinkingmandavid
12-15-2003, 03:36 PM
I currently have an e355, but I do not see myself "upgrading" to one of the newer Toshibas. I just do not like the way they look. Ugly is a word for it unattractive, not stylish enough for me, to wide as well.
I prefer to go with a 2215, or a Dell X3i, or Fujitsu Loox :rock on dude!:
I do not need the voice command but it is a good 'extra' feature to have.

powder2000
12-15-2003, 04:01 PM
So they are made of a metal substance? I thought they were plastic by their looks. If they are indeed metal, I give toshiba props for build quality as I think regardless of weight, all manufacturers should follow this path.