View Full Version : Moving SafeStore

Badandy
12-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi. I think I am going to get an Ipaq 4155 for Christmas. Right now I have a 2215.

Anyway, I want to know how to move everything over to the new Ipaq.

So, could I do this?: Plug the new cradle in (while still keeping my activesync software), put the Ipaq in the cradle, and have it put all my PIM stuff on? I kept all of my reg numbers for my purchased programs, but could I do that?

Also, my EWallet file is in HP SafeStore. How would I get it out of there, and put it on the new safestore?

Please help.

(an advanced ppc user who has forgotten how to switch)

ctmagnus
12-13-2003, 10:17 PM
So, could I do this?: Plug the new cradle in (while still keeping my activesync software), put the Ipaq in the cradle, and have it put all my PIM stuff on? I kept all of my reg numbers for my purchased programs, but could I do that?

Yes. The only thing is you can't have both syncing at the same time.

Also, my EWallet file is in HP SafeStore. How would I get it out of there, and put it on the new safestore?

With the 2210 syncing, open ActiveSync on the desktop and click the Explore button. When the resulting window has finished loading, double-click My Pocket PC and then iPAQ File Store. Drag the EWallet file somewhere on the desktop and it will copy it there. Uncradle/turn off the 2210, cradle/turn on the 4155 and repeat the above steps only dragging the file from the desktop to iPAQ File Store this time.

Hope that helps!

Badandy
12-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Yes. It does very much. So, I do this?:

-Sync 2210
-Copy EWallet file onto desktop
-Sell 2210
-Put in 4155 cradle
-Charge 4155 seperately
-Put 4155 in cradle connected to computer (no software necessary?)
-That gets all PIM stuff on
-Get all extra proggies on
-Copy EWallet file back into safestore on the 4155

Is that right? Thanks a lot for your reply

ctmagnus
12-13-2003, 11:29 PM
Bingo. Except (this is a personal thing, ymmv) I would wait until I have all data on the 4155 and have been using it for a few weeks before I got rid of the 2210. Just to be absolutely sure that everything works the way it's supposed to.

Badandy
12-14-2003, 06:05 AM
Thanks. Is there any software besides Resco File Explorer included on the CD worth putting on?

ctmagnus
12-15-2003, 02:42 AM
I checked out the CD for my 5550 a few hour ago and didn't notice anything exceptional, but the contents of a cd for a 4150 Would probably have a few Programs different.