View Full Version : Help: IE over wireless questions and problems?

Tripz
12-13-2003, 06:35 AM
i can access internet explorer via bluetooth adapter/active sync pass thru on my hp 4150...however, after a few minutes of surfing, sometimes i'll get......."the page u are trying to access cannot be found". I then try to go to a few different urls and they all say the same thing. After disconnecting and re-sync-ing, it works fine again...for a few more minutes. what gives?

Also, where are my temporary internet files? If i goto "My device", "windows" and then to the temp internet files folder, it's always empty. However, in internet explorer under "tools", "general", it has a button to delete temp internet files and sometimes when pushed, i see the unit working to delete the files. But where are they kept??

thanks!

Jolard
01-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Doesn't look like you ever got an answer, so better late than never if anyone is looking for this info.

I am not sure about the first part of your question, I get the same thing sometimes, and it usually takes a disconnect and then reconnect to start working again.

As for the temporary internet files, for some reason it doesn't store them where you would expect, in the Windows/temporary internet files directory. They are actually in the windows/profiles/guest/temporary internet files directory. Don't ask me why, but that is where all of mine were. I filled up all space before I figured out where the hell they were.

On a related note. Does anyone know how to reduce the amount of space that the temporary internet files take up or are allocated? I hate my PPC slowing down and eventually crashing because I am out of space.