View Full Version : Getting Gear for My iPAQ for Christmas - WOO HOO!!!!

piperpilot
12-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Just found out when I got a shipping confirmation from Arkon Resources that my brother got me one of their nice multimedia PDA mounts for Christmas. It's times like these that I'm glad I take the time to put together a Christmas list, and a very comprehensive one at that. Given that the rest of my family has no clue whatsoever about PPCs (or PDAs for that matter), there would be no way that I would ever get what I really want unless I make it easy for them. This year, I added hyperlinks to my list, which comes on an Excel spreadsheet. I do all the work--I get the exact description, product number, etc. I even do bot searches to get the best price possible. My family and friends like it because it's really easy for them and they know I'll like what they select. The only person who might not like it so much is my brother, who is in charge of coordinating the gifts among the givers so that I don't get duplicates. But the big winner? Yes, that's me!

Korlon
12-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Congratulations! My family also practices annual ritualized begging (for the same reasons), but I have been reluctant to ask for PDA-related items because of compatibiltiy issues and such that the uninitiated would encounter. Your research, however, seems to be quite extensive and your delivery method appropriate. :werenotworthy: We're just starting to break the long-standing one page limit. I'll have to consider spreadsheets for next year, though.

Two weeks to loot! :)

Dave Potter
12-11-2003, 09:24 PM
My wife tried surprising me with a WiFi card - but managed to order the wrong one from an American supplier (I live in Canada) for about $50 more than she needed to pay. Thank goodness I read her mind in time to cancel the order and get the right one from the right place.

Then she tried to surpise me with a subscription to PocketPC Magazine - not realizing that I already had a subscription (did I forget to mention that to you? Oh darn) :lol:

In the end, I got what I wanted - and she got frustrated!

piperpilot
12-11-2003, 09:33 PM
It's stories like that that gave impetus to my idiot-proof Christmas list. Of course, you can get some great deals on stuff from eBay during the days following Christmas as people get rid of all the gifts that just didn't quite work out.

DustyLBottoms
12-12-2003, 12:48 AM
My wife tried surprising me with a WiFi card - but managed to order the wrong one from an American supplier (I live in Canada) for about $50 more than she needed to pay. Thank goodness I read her mind in time to cancel the order and get the right one from the right place.

Then she tried to surpise me with a subscription to PocketPC Magazine - not realizing that I already had a subscription (did I forget to mention that to you? Oh darn) :lol:

In the end, I got what I wanted - and she got frustrated!

Making your wife frustrated hardly get waht you want :ppclove: :wink:

Dave Potter
12-12-2003, 01:08 AM
Hmmm.... that explains alot. :twak:

disconnected
12-12-2003, 02:59 AM
I've been simplifying by just telling everyone that a gift certificate from Peanut Press would be much appreciated.