View Full Version : What is Outlook Journal on the desktop and in Pocket Informant for?

jmkeuning
12-11-2003, 07:42 AM
Hey there. I've been considering a journal program for my PPC but then I thought, "Does Outlook do this stuff? Does Pocket Informant do it?"

Does anyone know? Can I record my thoughts, activities, notes, in Outlook journal and sync them with the PPC, or is Journal for something all together different?

Please note: I want something that works, not a half-ass modification/tweak of something that wasn't meant to do what I force it to do.

Mike

Glohamar
12-12-2003, 02:47 AM
I am going to assume you know what Journal does in Outlook. Now, Pocket Informant has a Journal Sync, but it will not do everything that the Journal program does in Outlook on the desktop. Take a look at the info on JournalSync...
http://www.pocketinformant.com/JournalSync.php

I am not sure of a progam that will do what Journal does on the Desktop.

Dave

jmkeuning
12-12-2003, 06:11 AM
Actually I do not know what Journal in Outlook does :oops: - The times I've accidently selected it it appeared to be able to track what you do in your various Microsoft Apps. I want to be able to debrief my day at the end of the day and try to recreate what I did from, say 8:30 - 9:30 returned phone calls 9:30 - 10:30 hung out on internet, etc. I have been trying Journal Pro which is just a journal program that syncs - pretty cool, and has a mellow search function. I'd like something more complex, with database and filitering capabilites.