View Full Version : Bluetooth Signal meter in Bluetooth manager

Tripz
12-11-2003, 06:21 AM
Too Weak-------Just Right----------Too Strong

lolz, so does this mean....it's too weak to transmitt/recieve, too strong to transmitt/recieve and has to be "just right" to work correctly? :wink:

WyattEarp
12-13-2003, 06:38 PM
It is suppose for be a measure of signal strength but I find that it doesn't real move much even when my Jabra headset can't pick up the signal clearly. To strong a signal would cause interference I guess :|

Crazie.Eddie
12-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Are either of you using the Wi-Fi along with Bluetooth? If so, both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth use 2.4Ghz. So there is probably a lot of error checking going on.

senfeng
12-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Are either of you using the Wi-Fi along with Bluetooth? If so, both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth use 2.4Ghz. So there is probably a lot of error checking going on.I think they're talking about the bluetooth signal strength bar itself. As for WiFi and BT interferring with one another, I've heard about it, but haven't experienced it yet. I've also heard that the two do a better job at not interferring than they used to. I've got BT and a CF Wifi card and they seem to get along pretty well. I've also got a WiFi router next to my BT dongle and I can still print to my BT printer without any interference. Maybe I'm just lucky :wink:

D.psi
12-15-2003, 05:59 PM
I can't speak for a headset, but I recently installed a BT dongle on my PC, and I do notice a significant different in signal strength as I move around the house.

As to the meaning of various signal levels, I don't know. The dongle does appear to modulate the output power to match the distance to the receiving device.