View Full Version : XDA2 hangs everytime you change the today theme

limit
12-10-2003, 02:08 PM
Everytime I change the todays theme my XDA2 freezes and needs a soft reset, is there anyone who has the same experience

Oliver T
12-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Hi,

yes, here :oops: Seems like MS has integrated the same functionality as in Pockt PC 2000 - that used to crash also a lot on changing the today page settings.

Ciao,

Oliver

limit
12-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Thanks for responding, at least now I know I'm not alone. does it happen to you everytime .

I also notice that everytime I move the BT profile up or down from its default location it performs a hard reset and I can't restore from backup (error msg states that it is a different device)

Oliver T
12-10-2003, 06:19 PM
No, it only does it sometimes. I have not had any hardresets yet. I can't comment on the backup problem because I use Pocket Backup and not the internal x-backup (which is a joke). Pocket Backup takes about 10 minutes for a complete backup (which took 2 hours with the one they ship) and you can restore seperate files instead of only the whole device.

Cheers,

Oliver

limit
12-10-2003, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the backup tip. I was doing a restore from active sync, that was where I got the error message.

The Hard reset happens only when I move the BT profile from the default position in the taday screen items. It happened three times, but now I happy at where it is, so don't know if it will hardreset again if I reposition the BT profile. I don't want to try moving it again.