View Full Version : Avantgo Issues

eustts
12-09-2003, 05:00 PM
I have been following several thread relating to not being able to view Avantgo Channels on an Ipaq 5555. Especially after hard reset. IT appears that activesync sync's correctly, just can't view the channels.

Has anyone addressed this with Avantgo or HP?

There are several work arounds, but all kind of "hacks" to get it working again.

Any suggestions?

Jason Dunn
12-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Have you double-checked that your AvantGo settings are correct?

Open ActiveSync, right-click on the AvantGo service, select Properties, then go into the settings and make sure that you're using the correct Username/Password.

Jerry Raia
12-09-2003, 07:52 PM
I have seen this problem before on my 5555. I went to avantgo's web page and after logging on there is a "configure device" selection under the "My Account" tab. After doing that I had all my stuff back. :mrgreen:

eustts
12-09-2003, 09:50 PM
My settings are correct in Activesync. I have also gone to the avantgo site and run the configurator. No luck.

Avantgo worked before my hard reset, I really don't want to hard reset again.

eustts
12-10-2003, 06:31 AM
After digging around on the avantgo web site, it appears that Avantgo is aware of the problem..

From the Avantgo Site........

AvantGo Service Issues: Some users may be experiencing problems with the AvantGo service. We are working to correct the problem and hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. A few of the symptoms of the issue are:
not being able to log into your account
not being able to sync
not being able to receive channels on the device
not being able to change/update password
receiving a connection successful message but no updating of web pages.

When service is restored you should be able to return to your account activities normally. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and ask for your patience while we work to resolve the problem.

Does anyone have an inside connection to IAnywhere(avantgo)?