View Full Version : About RepliGo, friends, and viewing AutoCAD files in a PDA

Prevost
12-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Man, viewing AutoCAD drafted construction plans was a long time goal for me, but after expending a rather high amount in a mobile CAD program that promised but not delivered, I started to feel absolutely dissapointed with handheld computing to the point of starting thinking of going back to paper pocket notebooks. A few days ago, however, I got rather by chance a reply in a PPCT thread concerning Tungsten E suggesting me to try RepliGo...

And then there came to be light :mrgreen:

If anyone herearound has this same needs, don't go further than RepliGo. $29.95 for the handheld and conversion software, plus an inexpensive or even free file viewer (it depends on the file type), and you'll be up and running.

Now, I only have this remaining question:

Where were my friends BEFORE I spent $150 in no good mobile CAD software???

dh
12-09-2003, 01:39 AM
That's great. I've used Repligo for ages, but I use it as an alternative to pdf for documents. I've never even thought of using it for drawings, but, like a lot of things, it's obvious when you think about. :D

Glad you found a solution.

Prevost
12-09-2003, 01:43 AM
Thanx David. I really couldn't be happier of owning a PDA now!

I can now start looking for games, SD cards, music players...looks like I'll get really addicted...and proud of it!!! :mrgreen:

Bruno Figueiredo
12-09-2003, 07:35 PM
You spent 150 bucks on what software?

Well, I thought you wanted to edit the files. Clear up layers, etc... I'm very happy with PocketCAD, as I need to edit my drawings.

Glad to see you solved your problem, though...

Prevost
12-21-2003, 06:42 AM
You spent 150 bucks on what software?

:oops: I'd rather keep it...

Well, at least it will be useful if I ever need to draw an as-built in the field. Beside this, RepliGo will do the trick. Just got today a Lexar 256MB SD card, where I'll put all that into. Later I'll probably let you know how RepliGo uses space in it.