View Full Version : Sound Conversion Software

Mark Kenepp
12-08-2003, 07:08 PM
My Dad mentioned that he might like some sound conversion software for Christmas. I can not be entirely sure what he is asking for all he said was something that would convert MP3 to Audio.

I know that he listens to a lot of old radio shows on tape and that he has told me that he has successfully converted them into MP3 so that he can listen to them on his MP3 player. I do not really know what he means by "MP3 to Audio" unless he means having MP3 files on his computer and somehow transferring them to an audio cassette.

What types of audio conversion do you all do out there and what type of software do you use?

Hopefully I will get some good ideas from you all.

Jason Dunn
12-09-2003, 12:40 AM
I think a few more questions are in order to figure out exactly what he wants to do.

If it's software to convert casette tapes to MP3/WMA, I can recommend the Plus! Analog Recorder that comes with the Plus! Digital Media Edition:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/dme/dmehome.asp

I'm using it right now to archive some old tapes, and it works very well - it has a nice hiss/pop reduction filter that improves the quality quite a bit. I bought a Sony Walkman off eBay for $15, connected the headphone jack to the line-in on my PC, and that's it. ;-)

maximus
12-09-2003, 02:24 AM
Another suggestion will be goldwave.[url] A nice little software that basically converts to/from a lot of audio format (wav, mp3, ogg, etc. etc.). It has batch mode, so basically you put all the files that you are converting in a single directory, run batch mode, and go watch TV.

(www.goldwave.com)