View Full Version : unresolved items in syncing

Thinkingmandavid
12-08-2003, 05:37 PM
HOwdy, today I placed my toshiba to sync and then it stated it was not able to sync 12 items in my calendar and one in my contacts.
It says it is due to error 80004005. Does anyone happen to know what that is error is about? Thanks for the help:)

Roosterman
12-08-2003, 05:46 PM
I did a quick Google on the error number and it looks like some problem with opening the database. What exactly the problem is I don't know.

Spongebob
12-10-2003, 01:34 AM
Go ahead and try to install outlook again, or check to see about the latest driver updates, sometimes it is the most obvious things that is missed by all users, great and small, new and old.

David Prahl
12-10-2003, 02:37 AM
This is why I call it "ActiveStink" :lol:

I've almost always had unresolved AS problems - I think I only got it working perfectly once or twice! I would suggest backing up your PPC and deleting your PIM info off of it. Then your PC should send everything to it again.

ctmagnus
12-10-2003, 03:24 AM
I suggest making note of all ActiveSync settings on the desktop, uncradling the device, deleting the partnership, recradling the device and recreating the partnership.

Thinkingmandavid
12-10-2003, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the input to everyone:)
I reinstalled outlook as spongebob suggested, then i downloaded the latest software for outlook. that seemed to take care of the problem, since then all has been well. before that i had reinstalled Activesync. that is the second time i had trouble with it, ;and it was after i had done a hard reset. go figure. things are back to normal with my toshiba:)

jlp
08-06-2005, 04:00 AM
I just had this problem and found this thread and a few others with error 80004005.

I read the suggestions but I didn't want to reinstall everything.

Si I tried to modify just the single item that caused the problem, I just deleted some superfluous item in the faulty contact.

Then plugged my PPC and YEAH syncing is OK now.

I have a Dell Axim x5 US ROM with US ActiveSync 3.7.1 (latest is 3.8 now I think) with a French 8) version of OutLook.

Might be a solution for other people finding this thread as I did 8).