View Full Version : Check Notification 1.6 bug?

terrypin
12-08-2003, 10:19 AM
Anyone tried latest version 1.6 of ScaryBear's Check Notification? I installed it last night and it doesn't work. Tapping either Clear or Log causes it to run indefinitely. Have to forcibly close. I hope I can easily get back to previous version until a robust upgrade is released.

Also, although it may be unrelated, my daily automatically-scheduled backup with Sprite Pocket Backup Plus hung this morning. Had to soft reset. I suspect Check Notification or Clear Notification, as installing v 1.6 is the only change I've made for several days.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

mountainfrog
12-08-2003, 01:02 PM
I also have a 2200 and check notification locks up whenever I run it. I have to do a soft reset in order to shut it down. I havent noticed any other problems.

-Julie

scarybear
12-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Anyone tried latest version 1.6 of ScaryBear's Check Notification? I installed it last night and it doesn't work. Tapping either Clear or Log causes it to run indefinitely. Have to forcibly close. I hope I can easily get back to previous version until a robust upgrade is released.

It seems that on certain devices, the current version of CheckNotifications will hang when processing certain notification events. You should be able to tap the "Exit" button in the menu bar to exit the program. In most cases, the problem is with events created by the Microsoft VoiceCommand Software, or another 3rd-party software that doesn't form the notification events properly. We are currently looking in this and hope to have a new version available soon.

Also, although it may be unrelated, my daily automatically-scheduled backup with Sprite Pocket Backup Plus hung this morning. Had to soft reset. I suspect Check Notification or Clear Notification, as installing v 1.6 is the only change I've made for several days.

Neither program should affect your backup. The ClearNotify utility only run once immediately after a soft-reset of your device, and the only way it could be affecting your system is if it deleted a certain notification event that your backup program uses during the syncing (which is unlikely). The CheckNotifications utility only runs when you activate it, and I also doubt that it is affecting your auto backups. To be sure, you can always remove both utilities from your device and see if your auto backups work properly for the next several days.

Regards,

Dave - Support
ScaryBear Software

ludzh
12-10-2003, 03:52 PM
Thus far, I've personally had no issues (iPaq 22xx).

terrypin
12-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Pleased to report that I tried Version 1.7.1 BETA on Friday 12 December 2003 and that no longer gave the indefinite running behaviour.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.