View Full Version : How attached are you to your PPC?

bazza
12-07-2003, 05:28 AM
What percentage of the time do you have your PPC handy?

:werenotworthy:

ctmagnus
12-07-2003, 06:25 AM
ALL the time! (except in the shower ;) )

jimski
12-07-2003, 06:53 AM
Almost always. Never out on the beach or while doing yard work and such. And I didn't have it with me while shoveling snow today.

Jerry Raia
12-07-2003, 07:06 AM
I would suspect most in here are fanatics and have the thing with them all the time. Except for me of course. :drool:

mrkablooey
12-07-2003, 04:14 PM
All the time! Even in the shower, but make sure you have it in your AquaPac.

:iamwithstupid:

ombu
12-07-2003, 05:44 PM

There's always a solution, be patient, hey, help this guy, somebody with a BT enabled umbrella? :drinking:

Candygogo
12-07-2003, 08:59 PM
It's a shame I can't claim my ppc on my tax returns! It's always with me, I'm always buying things for it--and I can't see going a day without it. :wink:

Ed Hansberry
12-07-2003, 09:54 PM
ALL the time! (except in the shower ;) )Rookie. :lol:

ctmagnus
12-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Clarification for my above post:

I don't want to lower it to the level of contents of ziplocks, and all the AquaPac-style packaging I've seen in retail had Palms on the labels.

maximus
12-08-2003, 01:52 AM

Same here ... except in shower, or when diving :mrgreen:

Falstaff
12-08-2003, 04:30 AM
Same here ... except in shower, or when diving :mrgreen:
Pshhh... I connect mine to my car radio using an AUX input on my radio and play my mp3s with it. I take it with me everywhere, I feel naked without it. And invariably if I don't have it with me, I will have some use for it and then I will kick myself fo not having it with me.

JayM
12-08-2003, 05:20 AM
Mine sleeps right next to me! Connected with Wi-Fi I usually check the weather and email before I even get out of bed! 8)

senfeng
12-08-2003, 10:04 AM
It's a shame I can't claim my ppc on my tax returns! It's always with me, I'm always buying things for it--and I can't see going a day without it. :wink:Lucky ME! I can (sorry).
I put 80%. There's the shower thing and then the charging time. :cry: Otherwise, I take it with me everywhere. Even when I "potty" and need something to read.

Candygogo
12-08-2003, 04:47 PM
It's a shame I can't claim my ppc on my tax returns! It's always with me, I'm always buying things for it--and I can't see going a day without it. :wink:Lucky ME! I can (sorry).
I put 80%. There's the shower thing and then the charging time. :cry: Otherwise, I take it with me everywhere. Even when I "potty" and need something to read.

Hehehe....well, I do draw the line with taking it with me to the shower or in the bathtub also. Now 'potty' time, er...you gotta wash your hands and...ah, forget it! Let's just say I don't use it during that time neither! 8O

Don't Panic!
12-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Someone actually voted rarely... 8O I guess they just got it for the cool factor or something, probably has a Sony UX50 in the drawer too! :wink:

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Thinkingmandavid
12-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Mine goes with me everywhere that I go. If I remember something the first thing I do is reach to my hip to get my ppc. If it isnt there I am like, "what the hell".....considering all of my appointments, contacts, notes, games, word, excel, finances, are located on my ppc and it is also my wallet, I need to always have it with me.
But not in the shower, I just like the hot water:)
not in the tub, that is relaxing and chilling time:)

JustinGTP
12-08-2003, 06:02 PM
I voted I take it everywhere, but, I dont take it with me to work because it will get beat up or stolen. Where I work it is a poor neighbourhood and there are lots of vandals. The window at our Dairy Queen has be broken 4 times in a year.

I like it where I live in the upperclass neigbhourhood because you can leave something of value outside and no one will steal it lol :D

Palmguy
12-08-2003, 06:50 PM
I don't have a working PPC right now :(

Stupid Toshiba... :evil:

dh
12-08-2003, 07:05 PM
On the rare occasions I've been out and about without my PPC, something always seems to happen so that I wish I had it with me.

I'm starting to think that a Smartphone might be the best way to be able to keep all my basic Outlook and email information with me all the time. Trouble is that I would prefer to stay with Sprint so it's looking a bit of a lost cause right now. The Treo 600 is a possible solution, but I really want to stick with a phone that looks like a phone and isn't too big.

So I'm hoping that by the middle of next year I'll have a Sprint Smartphone and a VGA Pocket PC - both with BT and WiFi of course. :D

senfeng
12-08-2003, 09:41 PM

Hehehe....well, I do draw the line with taking it with me to the shower or in the bathtub also. Now 'potty' time, er...you gotta wash your hands and...ah, forget it! Let's just say I don't use it during that time neither! 8OYes, I do was my hands. I put a little stool (no laughing) in the bathroom where I can prop it up while I.... "potty". So... I guess with EReader, I'm a newpaper convert.

Bloop
12-09-2003, 02:21 PM
I know I’m going to get flamed for this but :cry: … unfortunately my PPC has been on my floor (in a zipped up body glove case) next to my computer tower for the last 4 or 5 months 8O . I finally opened up today, and decided to start using it again.

Candygogo
12-09-2003, 03:00 PM
I know I’m going to get flamed for this but :cry: … unfortunately my PPC has been on my floor (in a zipped up body glove case) next to my computer tower for the last 4 or 5 months 8O . I finally opened up today, and decided to start using it again.

What kind of PPC do you have? Were you just not as interested in it as you thought you would be?

Guido
12-09-2003, 04:10 PM
I always forget to bring it with me so may times when I need to jot something down or check a date I don't have it. But I hate carrying stuff around. In the summer when I don't have a jacket I sometimes leave my keys in my car so I don't have to carry them. (I have a keypad entry). It became more of a nuisance than anything. Running around whith PPC, cell phone, chargers for home, work, the car, sync cables. What a mess! It must have been nice 50 years ago - pencil and paper! :wink:

dac035
12-09-2003, 04:16 PM
All the time. Everywhere I go.
0X

JvanEkris
12-09-2003, 04:38 PM
99,99 % of the time it is with me. It charges next to me when i sleep. it always travels with me. There is one exception: when i go to the gym. I'm to affraid i will forget it (my blood is definitely not in my brain after a workout), or drop some weight on it......

Jaap

pocketpcfox
12-09-2003, 07:05 PM

:) Where can I get one of those???

CoreyJF
12-09-2003, 08:06 PM
For me I needed at 90% option. I alwasy take it to work and usually take to most things during the day. I wouldn't go clubing or bar hoping with it in my pocket though... But I might take it to dinner especially if buisness might come up...

Bloop
12-09-2003, 10:01 PM

What kind of PPC do you have? Were you just not as interested in it as you thought you would be?

I had a 3765 now i havea 1910 :? . I would use it more if it had WiFi or if it could handle an Snes emulator. I know the 41 and 43 series can :D , so i plan on going with on of those once my 1910 breaks (i have the best buy PSP :D ). but until then... .. i guess ill just have to deal with what i have :?

cyclwestks
12-10-2003, 12:03 AM
I don't smoke, so I guess it's like my cigarette. I have to turn back if I ever leave home without it.

Candygogo
12-10-2003, 02:23 AM

I had a 3765 now i havea 1910 :? . I would use it more if it had WiFi or if it could handle an Snes emulator. I know the 41 and 43 series can :D , so i plan on going with on of those once my 1910 breaks (i have the best buy PSP :D ). but until then... .. i guess ill just have to deal with what i have :?

While I'm not too knowledgeable about the wireless abilitites of the 1910, but surely a SNES emulator could work on it.

Does the 1910 have a card slot on it?

spikedrabbit
12-10-2003, 04:11 AM

:) Where can I get one of those???

Most people have showers in their house.... :lol:

as for me, I don't leave the house without it. It's always in a pocket somewhere.

ale2999
12-10-2003, 05:13 AM
my baby is with me all the time.... only rarely ot happened that I forgot it cuz I came home to get changed in a hurry....

senfeng
12-10-2003, 12:56 PM

While I'm not too knowledgeable about the wireless abilitites of the 1910, but surely a SNES emulator could work on it.

Does the 1910 have a card slot on it?I could be wrong, but isn't the 1910 compatible with HP's SDIO WIFI card? I'm also pretty sure that all of the iPaqs come with at least an SD card slot. My 2215 has both :mrgreen: So I'm pretty happy! I just can't decide whether I want to use my CF Wifi card with SD for back up or purchase the SDIO wifi card and use the CF for storage.

Jeff Rutledge
12-14-2003, 02:23 AM
[quote="senfengI could be wrong, but isn't the 1910 compatible with HP's SDIO WIFI card?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the 1910 is SD only, not SDIO.

Janak Parekh
12-14-2003, 02:30 AM

Does the 1910 have a card slot on it?
JR is correct -- the 1910's slot is SD, not SDIO. It, along with the 38xx units, cannot support a WiFi SD card.

As for SNES emulators, the 1910 is probably too slow at its default speed... although its speed can be scaled up somewhat.

--janak