View Full Version : saving space on x5 basic

nuggetman
12-07-2003, 12:56 AM
im trying to consolidate as much space as possible on my x5 basic... i moved all my big files to the ROM (ebooks, pictures, etc) and uninstalled unnessecary stuff... are there any specific files i can remove like from the windows directory to free more space?

genoist_gps
12-07-2003, 02:52 AM
It is impossible to move or remove files from or to the rom. Hence ROM. Your best bet to save space would be to install your programs onto a storage card. Also keep any large files on your storage card.

nuggetman
12-07-2003, 03:49 AM
It is impossible to move or remove files from or to the rom. Hence ROM. Your best bet to save space would be to install your programs onto a storage card. Also keep any large files on your storage card.

what do you think the built-in storage is? it's the unused portion of it that you can use as storage space

PetiteFlower
12-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Yes you can move files in and out of the user-accessible portion of ROM. You can't of course delete the OS or other things in the factory built ROM like MS Reader or the Pocket Office stuff. But I suggest you get a storage card and put all your data on there, ebooks etc. Rom is good but not all that big on the basic axim.

David Prahl
12-11-2003, 03:03 PM
You can pick up a 32 MB or 64 MB SD card for pretty cheap locally, and probably get a CF card of those sizes for nearly free online.

If you think you'll ever get wireless, get an SD card.