View Full Version : How to erase many calendar appointments ?

josemaria
12-06-2003, 06:07 PM
I have an ipag 2210 with pocket pc 2003

Is the only way to delete calendar appointments one by one ?

Can I erase a whole month or whole year ?

Many thanks.

disconnected
12-06-2003, 07:19 PM
I'm afraid I can't answer the question, but I'd like to add to it -- I'd like to be able to delete past appointments by category; I want to be able to look back at past travel reservations, but have no need to keep a record of what stupid TV programs I reminded myself to watch.

Lex
12-06-2003, 10:08 PM
I have an app onboard my iPAQ 3845 that I could not locate at any software site or with a Google search that does just what you need.

It's called 'QuickCleanUp'. It creates an additional menu item in the 'Tools' menu of Pocket Outlook's Calendar on the PPC. It allows for a range of date's appointments and calendar events to be deleted at once.

Developer's email is listed as: [email protected] in case you wish to write to see if the app is still available.

Lex
12-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Well, Google fell through, Yahoo came through...

Check: http://pdacentral.ozbytes.net.au/pocket/preview/214806.html

There is the app 'QuickCleanUp'.

josemaria
12-07-2003, 10:08 AM
Thank you very much.

For download there are 3 possibilities: SH3, ARM and MIPS.

For an IPAQ 2210 I suppose it must be the ARM version ?

It was developed in 2001. Does it work properly on Pocket PC 2003 ?

stitics
12-07-2003, 10:54 AM
For situations like this, I find that deleting them in Outlook and then syncing is the best option. Outlook (in my opinion) is much more versatile for bulk effect than most PPC methods.

Lex
12-07-2003, 12:51 PM
I don't know the specs of your iPAQ and I discovered that the email for the developer seems defunct; an email bounced back as 'unknown'.

I found this app useful to delete a large range of dates' calendar events such as the past two years. For a few at a time such an app may not be needed.

tanalasta
12-07-2003, 01:32 PM
For an IPAQ 22xx download the ARM (.cab) file. Copy it to your device and then double click on it using whatever file-explorer you're using to install.

Alternatively, i know pocket informant lets you search and delete calender (and other outlook thingys) en masse. Not sure about agenda afusion as i haven't used it.

pocketpcfox
12-09-2003, 06:54 PM
http://www.tiresiassoft.com/quickcleanup.html

I used this regularly with my Jornada... as long as you are careful with the dates to delete, it works very well. Haven't had the chance on the 2210 as yet.

The .dll add-in looks promising -- though there is a stand alone program too.

Ripper014
12-09-2003, 11:25 PM
I there is an option that allows you to select how much information you carry over with your sync. On mine I am only carrying over the last 2 weeks of appointments and all future ones...

Janak Parekh
12-10-2003, 02:35 AM
For situations like this, I find that deleting them in Outlook and then syncing is the best option. Outlook (in my opinion) is much more versatile for bulk effect than most PPC methods.
Agreed. The Category view (View => Current View => By Category) works amazingly well for me.

--janak

brece
12-10-2003, 06:17 PM
This program is awesome, it does exactly what I needed to do. Thanks for the post.

:D