View Full Version : Toshiba e740 Wi-Fi Model - Linksys Wireless G Router

DanMichSr
12-05-2003, 09:27 PM
I have DSL by Verizon using their modem and from there to my Linksys G Router and from there using line #1 to my desktop. I have 3 other wireless computers also that are working with the routher and all works very very well. I can't get the Toshiba to communicate. Of course I have the switch set on. I'm having a hard time to understand what to enter into my PDA. I have my Network Adapter on my PDA set to IEEE 802.11b and the Wireless LANU Utility set to Infrastructure SSID = Linksys Channel 6. It shows up when I scan with the Signal Strength etc but the Link Quality will not show. I have a feeling I need to add something to the router for an IP address and do the same for the PDA. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance...

Vulcan
12-17-2003, 10:31 AM
Are you using a WEP key or Mac address control on your router?

DanMichSr
12-17-2003, 02:47 PM
I really don't know much about the settings. I looked at what I could and found that the MAC Address Clone was Disabled

Vulcan
12-17-2003, 11:34 PM
The Mac address clone is a feature that lets you copy the Mac address from a Network card in you computer to your router. This lets your ISP see a Mac address that has been registered with them and allows you to then connect to the internet. If your other computers can connect to the internet then your Mac address is fine....No need to adjust anything there. The Wep is a setting that encrypts the data sent to and from the wireless router and the computers connected to it....If your router is using Wep your PDA will have to have the correct Wep key to be able to connect. Mac address control is a security method of only allow the listed Mac addresses to connect to the router.....Look for both Wep and Mac address control in the security settings for your router. Once you navigate to that section of the router it shoule be a little clearer. Hope that helps.

Suntech
12-30-2003, 06:40 AM
:) I know this sounds stupid, but is your router backward compatiable with the 802.11B. I have the new G router with packet firewall inspection, & I will know in a couple of days when I recieve My E800 if it is backward compatiable. Another thing to check, I know if WEP is enabledin your router, you have to manually key in your WEP address into your Tosh. device. Check to make sure you have an IP address for your device. 0X