View Full Version : Geek.com Mini-Review: Six iPAQ 2215 Leather Cases and Two Aluminum Cases

Jason Dunn
12-07-2003, 04:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2003Dec/bpd20031205022296.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2...31205022296.htm</a><br /><br /></div>"I made quite an effort to buy my iPAQ 2215, and as a result I wanted to protect it with a case. (The 2210 and 2215 are the same model Pocket PC; the numbers just indicate the market where the device was purchased.) I was going to just buy a Bellagio Designs case because I loved the cases I had for my NX70 and iPAQ 1910, but then decided to ask other case designers if they wanted to participate in a comparative review. I figured the 2215 would be a popular workhorse PDA, and there are several case choices out there for the consumer. I received models (reviewed in alphabetical order) from: Bellagio Designs, Covertec, E&B Cases, Piel Frama, Proporta (both leather and aluminum), Rhinoskin (aluminum hard case), and Sena..."

pocketpcfox
12-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Nice review, but I have a question about the Proporta aluminium case and syncing... to wit:

You can sync via the cable with the iPAQ in the case...

Uh, what does this mean? There is an extra syncing cable I didn't get? Doubt it.

mrkablooey
12-07-2003, 04:29 PM
No, just means there is an opening in the bottom for the sync port so if you use a cable, you can just plug it in w/o removing the 2215 from the case.

I use both the Sena and the Proporta/Innopocket cases and like them both. :D

pocketpcfox
12-07-2003, 04:37 PM
No, just means there is an opening in the bottom for the sync port so if you use a cable, you can just plug it in w/o removing the 2215 from the case.

I use both the Sena and the Proporta/Innopocket cases and like them both. :D

Hi,
I'm missing something then: I have the charger cord (which obviously works with the case on) but the cradle will not take the 2210 with the case on. So... the cable the reviewer refers to must be an additional one, purchased separately, right?

ctmagnus
12-07-2003, 10:31 PM
the cable the reviewer refers to must be an additional one, purchased separately, right?

Correct. You want a sync and charge cable for this purpose.

Icebaron
12-08-2003, 04:46 AM
I have the Sena leather case, which I purchased myself, and the Proporta aluminum, which I won through a PPCT contest. In my day to day usage, I tend to use the Sena. The main reason for this is, I LOVE being able to cradle the 2215 while it's still in the case. The magnetic flip cover is also very snazzy, and allows easy access to the D-pad when the ipaq is in my pocket serving as an MP3 player. When I need serious protection, though, the proporta case is the way to go. I use the proporta a lot when I'm traveling or hiking, both cases where I'm not going to be cradling the ipaq anyways. I'm not afraid of taking a spill when I use the proporta case, it feels very solid and secure.