View Full Version : Car Adaptor Problem T-Mobile PPCPE

Barrydl
12-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Has anyone besides me had any problem with using a cigarette lighter adapter with the T-mobile PPC phone edition. When I first obtained the unit (last Spring) I had to exchange it at Best Buy 3 times (each time receiving a new unit) because after plugging it into the car the battery stopped charging. The power icon went permianetly to the battery indicator, and I could no longer charge the unit in it's cradle or with the AC travel adaptor. I used two different car adaptors -- a Targus Universal with the appropriate plug, and an adaptor that came from T-Mobile with a GPS unit. I notice T-Mobile has removed the GPS unit AND removed the car adaptor from their accessories page, so you can't even but a car adaptor for the unit. So I'm kind-of limited to battery life when I'm in the car.

Anyone had any experience with this. T-Mobile customer service denied there was a problem but they did accept the adaptor and GPS unit back despite the fact that they were open and used.

Cortex
12-05-2003, 05:59 PM
I have a lighter adapter from iConcepts (I think) that is specifically for the XDA, and I've had no problems. Use it while playing MP3s in the car and charges fine.