View Full Version : Case

Gallivant
12-05-2003, 09:36 AM
My Axim X5's intermittently hard-resetting itself, which means Dell's shipping me a new unit, which means I'm going to lose the PocketSolution Cover-Up I currently use, unelss I track down some velcro to stick on the new one.

I need a case. All I need it for is to protect the screen, hence my current use of the Cover-Up. The Axim just lives in my pocket, so no more protection is neccessary. I wouldn't mind pulling the thing out of a sleeve whenever I need to get to it, as long as the sleeve is as slender as possible. Portability is a big issue here; the X5's a brick to begin with, and I won't tolerate a case that exacerbates the situation.

Finally, no $50+ supernifty expensive leather cases. They're nice, but I'm a poor college student and I can't afford that kind of investment on a freakin' case.

Is there anything out there for me? Because the Cover-Up's sold out, and I'm going to need this case ASAP.

DRaysGoRocco
12-05-2003, 11:03 AM
just go to home depot and get some velcro. It will save you a lot of money.

PetiteFlower
12-05-2003, 07:34 PM
There is a really long thread in here about Axim cases, it will give you every possible option out there :) Do a search for it :)

David Prahl
12-11-2003, 02:58 PM
Check out the iHolster - you get a 30 % discount!
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=192682

What were you looking for? Would such a "holster" work? An aluminum hardshell case?

caseguru
12-11-2003, 07:17 PM
You might want to take a look at the Rhinoskin leather flipcase. It doesn't add a lot of bulk, has slots for extra SD cards and right now the're shipping free UPS.

www.Rhinoskin.com

caseguru

Bulldog
01-01-2004, 04:41 AM
Goto www.dogwithabone.net
This sounds like what you want.
It's that or bulkier velcro from home depot.

Mitch D
01-02-2004, 03:25 AM
Check out the iHolster - you get a 30 % discount!
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=192682

What were you looking for? Would such a "holster" work? An aluminum hardshell case?

I agree with David, check out the iHolster. I must have tried ten different cases for my iPaq 3830 before I stumbled onto the iHolster on Directcases website (didn't know about iProducts site at the time) and it worked great. I am waiting for the release of the new holster for my X3i (I think I am on iProducts hit list for emailing them about this a few times :wink: ).

gvanjr
01-14-2004, 08:25 PM
I use the Armor Case from Mad Catz, it's designed for the GameBoy but with a nice razor and some minor shaving (of the inside of the case) the Axim fits nicely. I picked one up at EB Games for $9.99.