View Full Version : krusell vs vaja

papasmurf
12-05-2003, 04:35 AM
Has anyone ever done a side by side comparison of a krusell leather case (approx $25)and a vaja? I have used krusell cases for a toshiba 335, an axim, a tungsten t and have one on order for a 1945. The fit of the krusell is very good, and the quality of the leather and the stitching is very good. I am trying to understand why such a price difference? Do vaja and the other expensive brands use exotic leather or is there something else?

Pat Logsdon
12-05-2003, 05:16 AM
The Krussel is like a Volkswagen. Nice, but not luxurious. The Vaja is like an Audi. Same general family, some similar features, but MUCH higher build quality.

Also, the Vaja cases come in a variety of color combinations, using several different kinds of leather with different patterns (ostrich, alligator, floater, etc.) I believe that the Krussel comes in one color - black.

In the interest of full disclosure, I own a Volkswagen and 3 Vaja cases. :mrgreen:

maximus
12-05-2003, 07:26 AM
In the interest of full disclosure, I own a Volkswagen and 3 Vaja cases. :mrgreen:

Hmm ... that is kinda contradictory, right ? :mrgreen:

Stephen Beesley
12-05-2003, 10:50 AM
I have been using a Krussel case for my Jornada for the last few months and I would probably agree with the VW/Audi comment. It is a very well made an usable case, but it does not stop me looking enviously at the Vaja cases.

On the other hand I just recently did a little surgery on my case, I cut out a section of the flap (where it covers over the CF slot) so that I could insert my Wifi card into the slot and still close the case. Now I could not see myself doing that to one of the Vaja cases!

papasmurf
12-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

JustinGTP
12-06-2003, 12:36 AM
The Krusell for the 2215 is absolutely horrible - bad fit around the screen and buttons, but when it is closed it looks nice.

Surgical Snack, I dont really know how you can say that Volkswagen is nice, but not luxurious. My friend, have you ever stepped into the Toureag or W8? They are well above the $50 - $70 K price range and are full of options. The Toureag is based on the Porsche Cayenne. How is that for royalty?

I dont know about the 1900 series Krusell case, but I have heard good things about Vaja :)

-Justin.

Mike Temporale
12-06-2003, 01:02 AM
VW is working hard at changing their image. Anyone that has driven one recently can atest to high quality and sheer 'joy' of driving that one feels.

However they are still the 'peoples car' and are famous for their simple & fun Beetle. And Audi is known for a more luxurious car.

On a side note, I find it funny that Honda-Civic-SI is defending VW. :lol: :wink:

I have owned 2 Vaja cases (about to make it 3) & 2 VW's, 1 Hyundai, 1 Suzuki, & a beaten up old cutless used for trips to the train.

papasmurf
12-06-2003, 01:38 AM
Thanks again for the comments, guys. I may give vaja a shot at some point, but so far, I haven't had a bad krusell. Let's hope the one I have on order doesn't let me down.

Kati Compton
12-06-2003, 01:57 AM
If you'd like to discuss cars further, please start a new thread for it. Thanks!

papasmurf
12-10-2003, 11:45 PM
looks like my luck ran out with krusell. The ipaq 1945 case is not as good as the other krusell's i've had. The strap with the snap on it is too long and doesn't hold the front cover down securely. I have e-mailed krusell. I also have e-mailed moonlight-tech and they said they would exchange it.

Mike Temporale
12-11-2003, 01:56 PM
ouch. Hopefully it was one-time mistake on their part. Glad to hear that they are replacing it without a hassle. Let us know how the replacement works out.

GoldKey
12-12-2003, 04:34 PM
I've got a Krussel for my Axim, I would love one for my DJ, but they don't make one even though they do for the ipod. :evil: