View Full Version : WebIS Mail 2.0 Pre-Release Preview 1

Jason Dunn
12-04-2003, 09:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketinformant.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2530' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketinformant.com/foru...opic.php?t=2530</a><br /><br /></div>If you've been waiting to bite into a new version of WebIS Mail, you'll want to check out this beta. Here's what Alex Kac had to say:<br /><br />"We received Beta 2 of WebIS Mail 2.0. This build supports SSL, full IMAP support, etc...I've done some preliminary testing and this build looks pretty good. So I'm releasing it to the public as an unsupported/no help from us/you're on your own/don't blame us if your pda starts burning - build. <br /><br />Here is the status of Beta 2: <br /><br />• added: implicit and explicit SSL support for POP3, IMAP4 and SMTP <br />• added: IMAP4 server folders management <br />• fixed: a lot of bugs found in previous beta <br />• added: several new bugs :wink: "

rnuqui
12-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Tried it, set up 2 pop mail accounts, and clicked the mail retrieval button. It was able to connect to the first site, and grab 61 out of 298 (mostly junk) mails. After that it crashed and disappeared, and I couldn't get it to start again even after a soft reset.

It's still buggy, but from what I saw (which was little considering ... :D ), it looks pretty good! Anyway, I'm still waiting for the GA version, hopefully out before yearend :) .

Oh yeah, I removed it after the test, can't get it to work again anyway :cry: .

wesley762
12-04-2003, 05:17 PM
well looks great just not working. can't get my pop3 to work at all.

Noel
12-04-2003, 05:50 PM
PC 2002
Dell AX5
nothing else running
and with AS 3.7 running

LOCKUPS

Makes me feel :cry:

hgwte
12-04-2003, 06:16 PM
I just wanted to say it works but I am unable to send a message. I like you are able to view html emails.

cptpoland
12-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Well I tried it, and it will not authenticate to my IMAP server. Regular Inbox with same credetials connects fine.

hgwte
12-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Is anybody able to send a message using the program ???

Jeff Rutledge
12-05-2003, 04:54 AM
Is anybody able to send a message using the program ???

I've sent a couple with one of my POP3 accounts.

dh
12-05-2003, 11:57 AM
Remember guys, Alex says on his site that this is as much a sneak preview as an attempt at a working program. I wouldn't worry too much about the various bugs at this point.

I'm still using my ver 1.x copy which has always worked very well for me. I'm going to wait for ver 2.0 to be closer to completion before I install it.

I have no doubt at all that Mail 2. 0 is going to be the ultimate PPC email app by the time it's released.