View Full Version : Omega One Journal Bar Problem with Transcriber

Keith Layton
12-02-2003, 04:05 PM
I recently installed Omega One Journal Bar for some offline news and weather. I really liked the program, but it seems to cause issues with Transcriber.

What I was seeing was when writing with transcriber in any application, transcriber would "lag" after about the first 7-8 characters. Basically, if I was writing a character, for example an "s", transcriber might only see the start and the first part of the "s", skip a beat, and see the end of the "s" so I would end up with something on the screen looking like a backwards question mark. This would only compound the more letters I would write prior to allowing it to recognise, which by the way, could then take 5 or more seconds when this happend.

If I only wrote small 3-4 letter words and let transcriber recognize, then continue, the problem did not seem to be as apparent.

Prior to installing the Journal Bar, I had no problems even writing almost an entire screen full of text and allowing it to recognize, perhaps as much as 8-10 words in some cases.

I am running WM2003 (A05) on an Axim X5 advanced. I tried switching to full processor power and it did seem to help somewhat, but the problem was still there. I have at least 15MB of ram for programs and storage so that is not the problem. I also realigned the screen. I was beginning to think this was a digitizer problem. During my troubleshooting, I used Notes and tried drawing some lines on the screen in fairly rapid succession and after 8-10 lines the "ink" would start skipping.

I ended up uninstalling Journal Bar and so far (36 hours) I have not had a single instance of the "flakey" transcriber, even when attempting to cause the problem intentionally. I also notices some slowdowns in Agenda Fusion when scrolling, but these were not as severe as the "ink" problems.

Anyone else have this type of problem?

Also, I really liked Journal Bar and would like to get it working, but unless I can get it to play nice without messing transcriber, I can't reinstall.

Keith